CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

In 1965-66, the first season of subs in the league, a doctor had to pronounce a player unfit to continue before the sub could come on. Many away team players were booed by the crowd when being subbed because the home fans suspected they were feigninig injury. In an early game at Maine Road that season the veteran player John Atyeo was roundly booed as he left the field to be subbed.
Ha ha as a kid then I always thought that was just routine booing of an opposition player.

That doesn't tie in with the CAS document, they use "the Panel finds..." and " the majority of the Panel finds..." at different points and in para 216 it explicitly states that

"The references to the "Panel" in the remaining part of this sub-chapter are to the majority of the Panel only."

Given that in previous paragraphs up to 216 they have differentiated between the Panel and a majority of the Panel then that suggests to me that a majority is 2-1 in the context of the CAS report.

that’s how I read it.
Doesn’t detract in any way from us being EXONERATED but just curious.
As I said before, we picked a lawyer and UEFA picked a law professor.
Maybe that explains the difference in interpretation

Impossible, when subs were first introduced in the 60s the one substitution was supposed to be for injury but that soon went by the board as teams manipulated the system. If a player says he's injured are we going to have a medical time-out to confirm it?
One of the first subs was Franny, who put on an unconvincing limp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.