CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Translated from der Spiegel

They also made a half-hearted attempt to get the original documents: Uefa's legal department asked SPIEGEL to publish the material on Manchester City. However, SPIEGEL does not generally pass on confidential documents from informants and informs Uefa that it must contact whistleblower Rui Pinto, the source for the material, or its legal counsel. However, the Uefa investigators have not yet done so - although Pinto has emphasized several times that they also want to cooperate with association investigators.

Pinto is currently awaiting trial in Lisbon. In the meantime, he is also working with the Portuguese judiciary, which is currently evaluating his data. Prosecutors from several countries are already using the Football Leaks material to prosecute wrongdoing and crimes. Obviously, UEFA didn't want that.

If Ceferin wants to have a working relationship with the club going forward then he needs to use UEFA to clamp down on Tebas. Can’t have the man running one of the football associations under its remit coming out with the stuff he has. I’d also ask Infantino to reinforce that point through FIFA.

The best way to combat Tebas would be for us to find a way to sign Messi. It would boil vast amounts of piss anyway, of course, but in particular it would finish that vile fascist twat once and for all, because he'd spontaneously combust at the prospect of us enticing asway the jewel in La Liga's crown. :)

Everything I read and hear has the tone of a travesty of justice when it should be a tone of vindication and victory for the defendant.

Can't say I'm surprised though.

As you say, no surprise. In the run-up to Monday's announcement, one could see the general trend of journalists and commentators positioning themselves to argue that, in effect, City only got off on a technicality in the event that the ban was overturned. We basically knew this would be the reaction.

I assume we're waiting for the full report to be published before we respond properly. It would be a spectacular own goal if we responded now and said something that doesn't look quite right once the report is made public so, frustrating though it is, we're better being silent for now.

[Paul Harris QC has]Quite the track-record!

Wonder what this one was "High profile dispute between a Premier League club and its former manager"

The dispute was the one between Tony Pulis and Crystal Palace, where Pulis had walked out on Palace immediately after receiving a seven-figure bonus. Harris seems to have represented Pulis and lost the case: https://twohundredpercent.net/crystal-palace-pulis-payback-time/

Meanwhile, the City Xtra aggregator account records Harris as responding to a congratulatory message from a City fan by claiming also to be a lifelong Blue:

Send him 2 links

One to our CAS decision and another to our Annual Report.

The first should indicate to him he is grossly misinformed as to any guilt regarding charges of malfeasance.

The second should be enough to demonstrate to him that he is also grossly misinformed as to a) our commercial revenue values and it's current nature and streams in relation to its make up portfolio across world sectors. The fact that AD makes up approx only 30% of current revenue.
Additionally that the value of the owners initial investment has now been increased by substantial American and Chinese equity purchase such that the club value is now 5.5 Billion and if our current owner sold up once his next 10 year commitment expires the new owner would have to wealthy beyond belief and his media fed reality that we are in fact the plaything of an uninterested oil well magnate using the sovereign wealth of a Gulf State to prop up a failing corner shop budgeted pack of mercenaries with no fans and no regard for financial proberty or responsibility is at best fantasy and worst misinformed bullshit.

Oh and we've been in the Champions League for the last 10 years and won 1 less trophy as Bayern have in the same period.

You can also add fuck off you deluded know nowt muppet.

“Uefa's legal department asked SPIEGEL to publish the material on Manchester City.”

Has anyone else picked up on this? If what DS are saying is correct then UEFA have been complicit in causing reputational damage to the club and been in on this right from the start of this saga, and that they didn’t open their investigation as a result of the articles being brought to their attention as previously thought. I appreciate that we don’t have issues with everyone at UEFA and Ceferin seems a decent sort but I’d love to know who at UEFA was behind this.
That's Googles direct translation from German, I presume it actually means they asked them to send them the emails. Of course your interpretation may be nearer the truth ;)

(sorry, I should have mentioned it was translated)

Last edited:
I need you help, someone construct a reply to this for me

" i'll explain....you clearly don't understand the link I made about the sustainable old-school Bayern model vs the City model, one built on sound financial footing, owning own ground and being successful for the last 35 years of sustainable growth, success and good governance, the other based on new-money, limited success outside the domestic league, and not sustainable when either the oil-well dries up, or the benefactor loses interest.

I am not bitter towards football in general at all, I think the PL is a great thing, however City (and PSG for another example) are doing top flight European club football a great deal of damage long term, as Jurgen Klopp said a bad day for football earlier this week and I agree with him. City and the successful appeal result demonstrates that if the big clubs now wish to push the boundaries so hard, and are so powerful that they can get away with basically what they want, £8m fine for me demonstrates that they are guilty btw, otherwise why the fine?

So imv City aren't anything I personally would want to be associated with, you do so that's your choice and good luck to you it's your club, for me it's clear that its unsustainable long term and i'd like nothing more than for them to get knocked off their perch. Proper football clubs imv are the likes of Liverpool, Manchester United, Leeds, Leicester, Dortmund, Bayern Munich etc. The likes of City and PSG will fade in due course, and the big-ticket players that come for the money will be off somewhere else and play for whoever can afford the crazy wages when the big money dries up"
See the salty reactions from other fans and media thread page 33 from M18CTID

Send him 2 links

One to our CAS decision and another to our Annual Report.

The first should indicate to him he is grossly misinformed as to any guilt regarding charges of malfeasance.

The second should be enough to demonstrate to him that he is also grossly misinformed as to a) our commercial revenue values and it's current nature and streams in relation to its make up portfolio across world sectors. The fact that AD makes up approx only 30% of current revenue.
Additionally that the value of the owners initial investment has now been increased by substantial American and Chinese equity purchase such that the club value is now 5.5 Billion and if our current owner sold up once his next 10 year commitment expires the new owner would have to wealthy beyond belief and his media fed reality that we are in fact the plaything of an uninterested oil well magnate using the sovereign wealth of a Gulf State to prop up a failing corner shop budgeted pack of mercenaries with no fans and no regard for financial proberty or responsibility is at best fantasy and worst misinformed bullshit.

Oh and we've been in the Champions League for the last 10 years and won 1 less trophy as Bayern have in the same period.

You can also add fuck off you deluded know nowt muppet.
Tell him we won the War.

" i'll explain....you clearly don't understand the link I made about the sustainable old-school Bayern model vs the City model, one built on sound financial footing, owning own ground and being successful for the last 35 years of sustainable growth, success and good governance, the other based on new-money, limited success outside the domestic league, and not sustainable when either the oil-well dries up, or the benefactor loses interest.

I am not bitter towards football in general at all, I think the PL is a great thing, however City (and PSG for another example) are doing top flight European club football a great deal of damage long term, as Jurgen Klopp said a bad day for football earlier this week and I agree with him. City and the successful appeal result demonstrates that if the big clubs now wish to push the boundaries so hard, and are so powerful that they can get away with basically what they want, £8m fine for me demonstrates that they are guilty btw, otherwise why the fine?

So imv City aren't anything I personally would want to be associated with, you do so that's your choice and good luck to you it's your club, for me it's clear that its unsustainable long term and i'd like nothing more than for them to get knocked off their perch. Proper football clubs imv are the likes of Liverpool, Manchester United, Leeds, Leicester, Dortmund, Bayern Munich etc. The likes of City and PSG will fade in due course, and the big-ticket players that come for the money will be off somewhere else and play for whoever can afford the crazy wages when the big money dries up"
Tell him he's a clueless fuck.

There's really nothing more required for that load of bollocks. He's trolling you.

So much wrong with that,i dont know where to begin.

Bayern sustainable........"Yeah sure" Reason being they are financed solely by top German Car manufactures, and Adidas.No fucking different to most top Clubs.Conflicts of interests dont matter when it comes to the German Rags,Sponsorship is used to funnel what ever the fuck amount they want in to the Club.

Then they kick up a fuss when others like Red Bull tried the same,wankers.German League is the most un-competitive in Europe.

premier League would be the same if Rags had their way.

The way this Clown throws Leeds in to the mix of top Clubs is hilarious.17 years in the wilderness from mismanagement under Peter Ridsdale.

Throwing money left right,and center, for short term success,fucking idiot.

City is one of the best supported Clubs in England. Regularly 30,000 + attended our games in the old division 2.A seriously loyal fan base.

Our income over the last few years has proved we are a totally sustainable Club.

Our owners plan from the beginning, was speculate to accumulate.Sure he had to invest significantly in the infrastructure and first team.Last few years our revenue shows it is paying off significantly.

Fucking hate it when arse holes start spouting shit like it is fact.

Fucking Leeds bwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

They are not even up yet and that fucker is having visions of grandeur.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.