CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Yeah, I heard a bit about this off a Wednesday fan back in March when we played them in the FA Cup. Can’t say I know the ins and outs but it revolves around them selling the stadium for £60 million (to the owners I think) and and they’re being accused of selling it at above fair value. If it’s deemed to be at an inflated price, the fair value is applied and depending on how big their losses are, it could lead to a points deduction of 9 points or more. A further points deduction could be applied if they’re found not to have assisted the EFL in their investigation (sound familiar?). The mad thing is that apparently the EFL encourages this type of deal as they changed the rules a few years ago to allow it, but it has to be at fair value. How do you apply a fair value to a football stadium though? Wednesday are a big club and if they got moving in the right direction and got to the Premier League then £60 million would be a bargain IMO.

Surely stadiums have limited value in that there are only so many tenants available the current football club in theory other football clubs but this is not america. They could be used as arenas The other option is they can be knocked down but that would not be popular and would destroy there most of the value and mean spending money to redevelop

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.