CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

If we're going to win it, I'd much rather it was by beating the champions of Spain, Italy, Germany and France than by knocking out Porto, Spurs and Shakhtar.
Or as in the case of Liverpool's first European Cup, beating the collective might of :

Crusaders, Trabzonspor, St Etienne, FC Zurich and Borussia Moenchengladbach

Thanks Peter. That rings a bell now. I remember the Wednesday fan telling me back in March about the sale being included - according to the EFL - in the wrong set of accounts.

I see they face Boro at home this evening in the final game of the season. Looking at the table, if they win that match then they stay up even with a nine-point deduction. But with such a deduction, if they draw they'll be relying on Charlton and Luton both losing to keep them safe and if they lose, they're down.

Boro aren't absolutely safe themselves, though it would take quite an improbable combination of results for them to drop, and they're managed by ex-Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock. As a lifelong Blade, Warnock once publicly mused about what he'd do if he took over at Hillsborough: "As long as the whole of my massive salary was paid within 28 days, then I would buy so many tosspots - although, come to think of it, their current squad would do - and f*** 'em up so badly. Then I'd retire to Cornwall and spend the rest of my life laughing my head off." Oddly enough, years later Wednesday did try to appoint him - but had to give up on the idea after it sparked a fans' revolt (can't think why).

For Wednesday to drop to the third tier while Sheffield United are doing so well would be galling for their fans. But if the coup de grace were administered by Warnock of all people, they'd be suicidal (though, of course, it may not be clear tonight whether they're down or not). My instinct is that Wednesday are guilty and will have the points deducted but I'm not familiar enough with the case for that to be a remotely authoritative view.

A massive piece of shit.

Keramuddin Karim, the former President of the Afghanistan Football Federation, has had his appeal dismissed and his lifetime ban for abusing female footballers upheld.

The Panel said “The offences committed by Keramuudin Karim violated basic human rights and damaged the mental and physical dignity and integrity of young female players. With his appalling acts, he had destroyed not only their careers, but severely damaged their lives. The panel determined that Keramuudin Karim should get the most severe sanction available.”

This sounds like a case for a proper justice court to me

Just so I've got this straight, UEFA have put all the best sides in the same draw to fuck us over, even though Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern and Barcelona have all got equally hard draws?

Clearly stated in another post that it was a joke more than a conspiracy theory, but rage all you want pal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.