CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

PB for City and Swiss Ramble for European football are tops when it comes to understanding how football finances work. No one is close to them. I deal with financial statements, accounting pronouncements and public disclosures in filings daily and write equity research for a living (I cover an industry unrelated to sport in the States). Their analysis is top notch, thorough, detailed, as unbiased as can be expected. Journos who know shit about how financials even work can't hold a candle to either of them, which is why they've fucked this whole thing up while City and PB have been vindicated. Lazy fucks who don't understand the details and don't do their homework anyhow.

Colin's held our hands collectively through this whole thing in a way both me as a fan and me as a finance guy can doubly appreciate.
Spot on mate. @Prestwich_Blue has called this right from the start. He should be awarded freedom of Bluemoon for at least a week.

Maybe a bit of a stretch, but this could’ve been UEFA’s plan all along. They knew they didn’t have a case but they banned City based on nothing, knew City would appeal to CAS but still got all the media attention in the process, adding more public suspicion to the club and trying to ruin our rep for as long as possible. Even if we won this case, the damage is almost irreparable.
I don't believe its a stretch at all. No consequences for them for doing it either.

point 225 talks about one of the leaked emails was from 10 years ago! Looks like UEFA really fucked this up...

Really? Haha. What a fecking shambles. I hope there are grounds to sue Der Spiegel. Surely they have an obligation to apply some form of quality control in relation to 'primary source' information. Unless they manipulated the emails, which would surely give us grounds to pursue legal damages.

All that really mattered was that the substantive charges were overturned as the consequences would have been awful if they weren't. As they have been the rest is just noise as nothing in the judgement will change opposition fans views and the usual media hacks will continue to spout shite.

Maybe the club might go a bit more on the front foot with the worst offenders but I'm not even sure about that.

Would be a real pity not to be able to welcome the hateful eight at the Etihad next season if crowds are still banned which v much looks the case.
I hope we treat the away directors appropriately though. No room for them in the Chairman’s lounge any more. Stick them in a box as far away from our officials as possible and give them a plate of stale sarnies.
Enough mr nice guy....
Mancini voice:
“Only this!”

Yes l read that as:
'It's much too difficult for an ex fanzine contributor like me to understand but these three hate City and l desperately hope they can make up more lies up so l can agree fully'

Utter wanker.

I read that as an ironic statement, see the dots at the end....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.