CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

But the reputational damage does mean a lot.

Forever tarnishing our achievements in the public eyes. They should be sued to the high heavens as a result of taking a non-case to court purely for the purpose of damaging us.

Oh for sure. And that's clearly what has pissed off Pep the most. But I suspect there wasn't a lot you could do in the short term once the DS article had been written, and then when the chamber started leaking City decided to play the long game. The fans crowing on twitter about social media would have been crowing whatever. I imagine City will just want to draw a line under it, but I do think there are serious questions to be asked of the sports press and indeed Uefa, but I don't think that will be very forthcoming.

I'm no lawyer and I've only skim-read the full document but it wouldn't surprise me if we now appealed that fine. I've heard we took legal advice before refusing to co-operate, therefore we must feel there were legal grounds for our failure to provide the evidence UEFA asked for. And the CAS judgement says that UEFA's AC failed to ask for the evidence again.

As the CAS judgement says, there is still an ongoing investigation at UEFA's ethics committee regarding City's complaints about the leaks
If they find for us I suppose we could ask for our money back, but preferably that those who were leaking the information are dismissed

Christ,

Rob Harris is another that reads what he wants!

Quick overview of full CAS ruling on Man City

- "Seriously reproached for obstructing" investigations & "strongly condemned"
- €10m fine needed as "strong deterrent”
- UEFA charges not "frivolous” & “legitimate basis to prosecute"

https://t.co/xNuGUPSeVU

Of course, now the story is the fine for non-cooperation, not the clearing of cheating FFP. That's what the thing was about all along.

But, who says in wouldn't have got to CAS if we'd complied, and if no fine then there wouldn't be anything for the media to hang there hat on.
In the main though I agree with you

Aye, for sure. City had clearly had enough, found the whole thing laughable, and knew they could clear the main charges. I don't know if it's an exact analogy, but it's like admitting to a speeding offence to clear your name on an armed burglary charge. You'd still pay the ticket, but you're not sitting in jail because of it.

Quick edit: I think the key question left unanswered that directly effects City is who was in the Uefa chamber leaking and what are Uefa going to do to win back that trust. Whether we or they like it, City are here to stay now and some bridges need to be built. City weren't naïve or petty in not dealing with them, they literally couldn't be trusted.

British written press and visual media, UEFA and the G14. Plus any other C@&t with a knife out for our beloved club.
"You have been weighed, you have been measured and you have been found wanting."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.