CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

the media are still reporting the fine as city being guilty ??????

It says they were found guilty of not co-operating with UEFA, but we all knew that beforehand .... the club were convinced that they never gonna get a fair trial out of a bent organisation like UEFA , so they simply just blanked them until they could get a fair trial off someone else!

I thought I read somewhere that bits had been taken from various different emails and stuck together to make it look like it was saying something else?

One of the emails was actually two different emails put together. They found that it didn’t change the veracity of it though.

Essentially it’s more they were selectively viewed rather than edited. Ultimately, we didn’t deny the authenticity, the argument is more they were taken out of context and it didn’t actually happen.

Does it really say this?

"in the absence of particulars as argued by MCFC, UEFA's case with respect to funding being channeled through 3rd parties is based on innuendo. And does not meet the requisite standard of proof"

It does!

For my money, this is one of two extremely important -but so far, unreported - things in the verdict.

The other being that the Leaked Emails were in fact "fruit of the poisonous tree".
Only there was no proof that UEFA themselves hacked City [and they were acting on information now in the public domain], meant they allowed to pursue the case... for all the sky denigration of the original report, it now transpires that UEFA's case was only allowed to proceed on a technicality.

Manchester City showed 'blatant disregard' in Uefa FFP case, but didn't breach FFP says Cas

Interesting how the BBC third rate hack sees it as more important to have the 'blatant disregard' element as the lead (the minor and welded on additional charge), and tags on the non-breach (the main charge) as a bit of an afterthought. Anyone reading that would be led to believe that blatantly disregarding a process is more heinous than cooking the books.

Non cooperation is an FFP breach???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.