CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

dont do it to yourself, dont read such shit ( i am assuming it is shit as i wont read it)

It's hurting them. Good. Reminds me of that scene in the hit film LEON where Gary Oldman states that "He takes no pleasure in taking life from those that don't value it". I maybe misquoting here. But you get the gist.

It starts off with
"There is lots of ridiculous things that have come up in the full report that has been released on Manchester City’s FFP cheating.

Ultimately the Court of Arbitration for Sport let them get away with it – largely as it was time-barred – meaning the misdemeanours occurred over five years ago and were no longer legally challengeable."

Then goes on to cite Nick Harris - laughable
Bet Nick wrote it.

The Biased Broadcasting Cooperation main football headline just been on BBC 1, Jesse Lingard reveals why he's not been himself this season, seriously you couldn't make this shit up. Not even trying to hold their bias back now, must be absolutely full of rags at Salford media.
A very rich man helps his mother look after his brother and sister.
Sad for the mum but with a largely part time job and loadsamoney how difficult can it be when you can get professional assistance?
Nedum took it all in his stride few years back

Unless i skipped it. There is only reference to 6 emails with CAS finding out two were merged together
There were 6 ‘criminally obtained emails’ leaked by Der Speigal. CAS didn’t use these, they used the 7 emails (2 were cut and Frankensteined by Der Speigal) we provided, but continued to refer to them as ‘leaked emails’ for simplicity. This is stated somewhere near the beginning of the report.

Unless i skipped it. There is only reference to 6 emails with CAS finding out two were merged together
Page 60 of the CAS doc "Original version of Leaked email No.4 - consisting of two separate emails", so 7 original emails used as evidence with Der Spiegel having put two of the originals together to make one, hence 6 "leaked emails".

I thought I'd do a post from UEFA's point of view after reading the report...boooooo!

What strikes me most is how stupid the whole thing has been from start to finish and what a looney tunes World we live in.

Just a bit of background. The old G14 agreed to officially disband what amounted to a powerful pressure group in return for some of their members being given positions on some decision making sections of UEFA. In some cases this amounted to 50% of the decision making body. The G14 also agreed that they wouldn't break away from UEFA...the often referred to Super-league. This single action was, and still is, UEFA's biggest mistake. They should have kept their independence at all costs even if it meant the G14 leaving UEFA and FIFA.

UEFA kept their part of the bargain. The G14 then morphed into the ECA containing hundreds of clubs throughout Europe. However the old G14 still retained control but were no longer referred to officially as the G14 and were regarded as founding members. The G14 now had an even bigger pressure group and crucially members on the inside of UEFA itself.

G14 used its powers to carry out all sorts of unfair practices. Some of them City fans are well aware of...changing FFP from debt based to turnover based is famous by now as is the redistribution of money from UEFA competitions based on historical success. The threat of a Super-league did not go away.

When City came along it was thought that FFP would limit our success as it would anybody else thinking of doing the same. City's business model however was frighteningly good, it went over FFP like a speed bump. Additionally the CFG were buying clubs from all four corners of the World. City's turnover quickly matched and surpassed that of many of the G14 clubs and City were hoovering up domestic trophies at an alarming rate.

Rather than welcoming the new investment into football G14 were terrified that their income was going down and used all their power to stop us. When DS published their hacked emails about City this was their big chance. They put enormous pressure on UEFA externally and internally to cut us off at the knees never to return.

What happened next is guesswork but won't be far off reading between the lines.

Confident of victory, the G14 and their press friends used the opportunity to attempt to influence public perception and also the two decision making chambers over which they crucially had an amount of control. This included the now famous leaks coming from UEFA itself.

Early reports were suggesting that UEFA's decision was a small fine. The G14 are furious. The emails looked extremely damaging and it looked like City were ignoring the rules but that UEFA was caving in. There was talk of FFP being meaningless if direct investment was allowed, more talk of a break-away and UEFAs governance being woeful. City were not fully cooperating and had something to hide.

UEFA are now in an awful position of their own making and they try to come up with a deal that will keep the G14 and City happy. No deal. A two year ban was announced to everyone's surprise but City.

The press find City guilty immediately. The American owners exert all their power over UEFA and the press that they can influence.

City knew the emails were out of context but did not give UEFA the proof preferring to take the case to CAS. This was a big gamble. As CAS pointed out City should have co-operated before the case reached CAS and UEFA might have not gone ahead with the expulsion. City were concerned about leaks and UEFA's impartiality.

When the case comes to CAS City hand over the full picture. UEFA only had the emails which turned out to be glued together and altered much to UEFA's embarrassment. City are cleared but punished for the smaller charge of none co-operation with the process.

G14 transfer their anger to UEFA in an attempt to remove more UEFA officials not G14 friendly. City and UEFA have talks about removing the UEFA officials that are G14 friendly.

The press are left with crumbs but keep going. With the legal backing now clear City stop some reports likely to cause the most damage.

So here we find ourselves. Who is the enemy now? Remember Soriano's video? It's all in there. City want to work with, not against, UEFA but remove the G14 infestation. City have sympathetic friends in UEFA who now realise they were naive to let certain people into their organisation.

Talk of replacing all of UEFA is dangerous because the replacement could be 100% Pro G14. Much easier to slowly replace the 5% using their influence for self gain.

City have won a big battle. The War has tipped in our favour. City fans want immediate revenge which isn't going to happen.

The old guard will have their power removed slowly and we will never notice it. One day we will be the old guard and we will try to protect ourselves from the new guard and we will be replaced...and on it goes...
What a post.

The Biased Broadcasting Cooperation main football headline just been on BBC 1, Jesse Lingard reveals why he's not been himself this season, seriously you couldn't make this shit up. Not even trying to hold their bias back now, must be absolutely full of rags at Salford media.

In fairness if I was Jessie Lingard I wouldn't want to be myself either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.