CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

I'm not clued up on all this. What's the best retort to the rags who are saying something dodgy has definitely happened and there is no agenda?

I've already gone down the fuck off you rag ****s route. I want something more informed and articulated.

I'm not clued up on all this. What's the best retort to the rags who are saying something dodgy has definitely happened and there is no agenda?

I've already gone down the fuck off you rag ****s route. I want something more informed and articulated.
Just ask them specifics of what City have done wrong. And be sure to end with a screenshot of Cas's conclusion

Ask them how much their debt has risen between City getting wrongly banned and the CAS full statement.

Point them to this article. They might struggle as it doesn't have a lot of pictures though. He's a barrister and not, as far as I'm aware, a City fan.

https://www.footballlaw.co.uk/articles/mcfc-v-uefa-rubbish-in-rubbish-out

All the City statements seemed measured but in hindsight were spot on. City new the game and were ahead of the curve. Looks like the attacks through the instrument of FFP have been successfully blocked, rebutted and neutralised.

It has exposed the Agenda and identified the den of vipers so I guess City achieved its objective in this regard. Thanks must go to the ad hoc legal, finance and media teams on Bluemoon not just for their insights and giving their time but actively redressing the balance in the media by challenging falsehoods and bias by groups and parties that had previousy remained immune and/or anonymous when spouting their bile.

It must be heartening to the Club to see the trust and unanimous support on this forum and by the vast majority of City supporters. It has vexed our detractors to the extent they complain about organised campaigns against them without seeing the irony.

We have to look at the paymasters. Certainly we have the Americans intent on replicating the USA model of sport which is a closed shop licence to print money. G14 clubs add their weight. The hateful 8/9 just shows the greed of their owners. Qatar appears to be the main sponsor with UEFA and PL as the vehicles.

Ultimately football is about the fans. Time fans of other clubs woke up to what is happening. City + Covid have halted the plans for now but it needs more exposure and for fans to understand the facts and respond accordingly.

Don’t have time today to read this site since new DS revelation, but can I ask, should we be worried?

Strange is it not that they worry more about a foreigner putting money into the UK than money being systematically removed from United to USA.

NUFC takeover-After being asked by the Premier League to provide information about PIF’s independence from the Saudi state, there were guarantees “from the highest possible levels that there would be no state interference in the running of the club”

They believe the Premier League has been “unduly influenced by politically motivated attacks from third parties” and “repeatedly moved the goalposts and the process was devoid of transparency or objectivity”

They suspect some of their top-flight rivals, believed to be Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur in particular, were strongly against the takeover and made their opposition evident to administrators

The “final straw” was the Premier League’s refusal to put a timeline on a decision, whether rejection or approval

Don’t have time today to read this site since new DS revelation, but can I ask, should we be worried?

NO

The letter from Pearce to Etihad, that Der Spiegel have now released, relates to state finance of Etihad Airlines and is consistent with previous disclosures suggesting Etihad directly paid only £8m of their annual sponsorship of Manchester City. City fans had been speculating for months about state support for Etihad.....David Conn wrote about this many months ago after Prestwich Blue discovered documents in a US company competition hearing suggesting Etihad's sponsorship of Manchester City would be underwritten by the UAE state. I took it as a given that Etihad was supported by the UAE state on the same way that many nationalised industries are. Saudi Telecom sponsor Manchester United, whilst Emirates Airlines sponsor many sporting clubs and tournaments. I think the underlying relationship between Etihad and the UAE state is already known, or can be surmised, so I don't think this disclosure changes anything.

City have repeatedly said that the email release was an organised attempt to smear and target the club, and these latest reports fit that description. For many months a small group of 'journalists' have agitated and issued arguments to undermine Manchester City, and they go on and on. The cry wolf once too often and will end up proving City's argument that this is a smear campaign. They are effectively representing the interests of some elements of private US capital in a quite scurillous manner.
You're wrong on a fundamental point.
Etihad would have paid from their own funds but financial issues, manly in the USA, mean they couldn't.
City queried this and the Emir stepped in to pay what Etihad couldn't - to fulfill the contract that was signed by Etihad - a company the Emir owns as ruler of Abu Dhabi.
This is a pure contract-based financial transaction that is not against FFP and was required for Etihad to fulfill their contract with MCFC. CAS agreed with this in their judgement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.