CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

i still don't understand the £10 million fine for not cooperating with uefa ? what did manchester city do to end up with a fine in the first place if we are not guilty and innocent of any wrong doings, this is wrong and takes any punishment to uefa when manchester city can ask for compensation

I can't recall the exact wording, but I think I'm right in saying that CAS ruled that UEFA were justified in pursuing an investigation, consequently our non co-operation was not justified, hence the fine, they did however consider the original fine excessive.

i still don't understand the £10 million fine for not cooperating with uefa ? what did manchester city do to end up with a fine in the first place if we are not guilty and innocent of any wrong doings, this is wrong and takes any punishment to uefa when manchester city can ask for compensation
There is still the ethics committee hearing. If they want to squash Leterme, they could voluntarily reduce or cancel the fine on the grounds of the leaks not being addressed by him. Oh, and pigs might fly.

It is because at the end of the meal the trio gave a rendition of " some other guy".

I remember that song too. The Big Three were a Liverpool group contempory With the Beatles - see what I did there?

At one time the Big Three were bigger than the Beatles before Hamburg. Massive indeed.

CAS takes a very disapproving view of a participants non cooperation with a governing body and we admitted non cooperation, but with mitigating circumstances
CAS said in the judgement that if we had provided the same evidence to UEFA, that UEFA may have come to the same conclusion as CAS and said there actually were no charges to answer, so CAS wouldn't have got involved
The reason City didn't cooperate fully was that UEFA were leaking information to the media, so we weren't going to give them sensitive business information, from ourselves or sponsor partners if there was a chance it would end up in the press.
ln the CAS judgement it is also said that City have reported the press leaks to UEFA's ethics committee and that an investigation is ongoing, so we haven't heard the last of this

It seems that when City reported the leaks to the ethics committee, Rick Parry left UEFA and since the CAS verdict, Liverpool's chief exec has returned to the USA
Make of that what you will

Why all the dicussion when the case is closed?

Furthers and perpetuates the myth that our innocence is up for debate and gives the fuckers more ammunition.

As CAS themselves say; "MANCHESTER CITY FCDID NOTDISGUISE EQUITY FUNDING AS SPONSORSHIP CONTRIBUTIONSBUTDID FAIL TO COOPERATE WITH THE UEFAAUTHORITIES"

Whether 2 judges or 3 agreed it doesn't actually matter.
I don't think they need any ammunition at all. I've heard quite a few people in the media talking about it since, and the prevailing assumption is that FFP doesn't have the authority to enforce its rules, rather than what is actually the case, which is that the rules weren't actually broken in the first place. They made up their mind long before the case was even brought and they're not about to change it now. They've dug themselves too deep to now accept the judgement of an independent arbitration panel that actually saw all of the evidence.

I don't think they need any ammunition at all. I've heard quite a few people in the media talking about it since, and the prevailing assumption is that FFP doesn't have the authority to enforce its rules, rather than what is actually the case, which is that the rules weren't actually broken in the first place. They made up their mind long before the case was even brought and they're not about to change it now. They've dug themselves too deep to now accept the judgement of an independent arbitration panel that actually saw all of the evidence.

It's blindingly obvious that the lack of power to compel opening books makes it difficult to put forward evidence to prove anything.

They have the authority, they don't have the capability to find what they would need.

CAS takes a very disapproving view of a participants non cooperation with a governing body and we admitted non cooperation, but with mitigating circumstances
CAS said in the judgement that if we had provided the same evidence to UEFA, that UEFA may have come to the same conclusion as CAS and said there actually were no charges to answer, so CAS wouldn't have got involved
The reason City didn't cooperate fully was that UEFA were leaking information to the media, so we weren't going to give them sensitive business information, from ourselves or sponsor partners if there was a chance it would end up in the press.
ln the CAS judgement it is also said that City have reported the press leaks to UEFA's ethics committee and that an investigation is ongoing, so we haven't heard the last of this

It seems that when City reported the leaks to the ethics committee, Rick Parry left UEFA and since the CAS verdict, Liverpool's chief exec has returned to the USA
Make of that what you will

well if uefa was leaking information to the media that alone should be in breach of the laws and uefa should be punished if found guilt of doing that, and for rick parry well liverpool got caught hacking city books and city so called settled out of court but that stinks as well

well if uefa was leaking information to the media that alone should be in breach of the laws and uefa should be punished if found guilt of doing that, and for rick parry well liverpool got caught hacking city books and city so called settled out of court but that stinks as well

The result of the ethics committee investigation is when we'll find out if Ceferin has any bollocks and if we do have allies in UEFA

There is still the ethics committee hearing. If they want to squash Leterme, they could voluntarily reduce or cancel the fine on the grounds of the leaks not being addressed by him. Oh, and pigs might fly.

if uefa are offering a olive branch and had talks with city then the £10 million fine should be squashed or put back into city in the community charities

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.