CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Don,t lock the thread till EUFA. “Ethics” have published their report,if they report “No Leaks”EUFA will want the fine back up to£30M.

To those still insisting on our guilt I usually ask if they believe that UAE are a stonger world power than Russia as even Putin couldn't get CAS to alter their views.

I'm in a whatsap group with friends who support a variety of clubs. I used the same point about Russia, the response was something along the lines of 'its amazing what money can buy'. They pretty much all thought we were guilty and despite giving explanations and critiquing a few of the worst newspaper articles it didn't change their opinion.

At that point I disengaged from serious responses and decided to go with the 'banter' option. You come across as a bit of a pub bore if you go on about it too much. People have made up their mind there is not lot we can do to change it. Now and again though I'll put my opinion across if someone crosses a line.

For what its worth I like the thread and hope it stays open as I'm sure there will be other points to discuss in the future.

The sad thing is that the CAS verdict hasn't closed anything in the eyes of some journalists and many fans. Which is one potential justification for keeping this thread open.

Only yesterday there was someone on Twitter who says in his bio that he "writes about football" and was claiming to have read the CAS verdict. Yet he clearly had his eyes closed or fell asleep after page 3, as he was still insistent, despite 93 pages to the contrary, that ADUG had funded the Etihad deal.

There’s none so blind as those...

This is actually my first ever post, having registered on BM the day the CAS verdict was released - in order to shove it to UEFA if I'm honest, but instead I just sat back and watched everyone else do that! I have been a 'reader only' on here for a few years, having followed City, mainly from afar, for 51 years now. This forum has always been interesting and insightful (discounting matchday knobs), with many a laugh along the way. However, if this thread is to be locked, for my first post I'd like to echo the thoughts of many other people on here and say a huge thanks to Prestwich Blue and Project River. Their knowledge and calm dissection of events over the previous months has been nothing less than superb. On many occasions I got a bit confused over the timelines and what-was-related-to-what (or not)....and as the CAS judgement got closer I confess to a few ar$e-puckering moments. But PB and PR were both unbelievable in their thoughts and explanations, dealing in straight facts and not prejudiced journalistic fantasy. So thanks....I couldn't have got through this without you!

I'm in a whatsap group with friends who support a variety of clubs. I used the same point about Russia, the response was something along the lines of 'its amazing what money can buy'. They pretty much all thought we were guilty and despite giving explanations and critiquing a few of the worst newspaper articles it didn't change their opinion.

At that point I disengaged from serious responses and decided to go with the 'banter' option. You come across as a bit of a pub bore if you go on about it too much. People have made up their mind there is not lot we can do to change it. Now and again though I'll put my opinion across if someone crosses a line.

For what its worth I like the thread and hope it stays open as I'm sure there will be other points to discuss in the future.
‘Amazing what money can buy’, clearly implies bribery.
i spend some time pointing out to the cretins that the whole point of bribery and corruption is to keep things quiet and away from the public gaze and not have them splashed all over the newspapers, and certainly not to allow them to be examined by regulatory bodies and arbitration panels.
so I tell them that our bribery dept. is clearly in need of overhauling, as it has demonstrably failed to meet the standards expected of them.

‘Amazing what money can buy’, clearly implies bribery.
i spend some time pointing out to the cretins that the whole point of bribery and corruption is to keep things quiet and away from the public gaze and not have them splashed all over the newspapers, and certainly not to allow them to be examined by regulatory bodies and arbitration panels.
so I tell them that our bribery dept. is clearly in need of overhauling, as it has demonstrably failed to meet the standards expected of them.

This thing these cretins can't get their heads around is that If City were in the bribery game they'd have bribed certain people in UEFA to drop the case long ago and, as you say, with zero publicity.

Now that this thread is coming to a close is projectriver going back to Krypton, until the next time something like this rolls around?

Look if people have already made up their minds that we have bribed two members of the CAS board. Well let them think so, we know that we have done nothing wrong. The is because CAS have said so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.