CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Here are the 10 year commercial figures he refers to:

View attachment 21952

His totals correspond from those figures which he will have simply downloaded from Swiss Ramble in the same way I have.

£billion 10 years
£2.133 - United
£1.733 - City
£1.283 - Liverpool
£1.190 - Chelsea
£0.925 - Arsenal
£0.768 - Spurs

So, his headline that City earned about £600mil more than the average of Arsenal, Liverpool, and Chelsea is accurate. Of course, he asks the provocative question how we achieve such a differential against the history clubs. It doesn't sound as sensational to say we've averaged £40mil pa more than, say, Liverpool. He doesn't mention that differential could have been lower if only Liverpool hadn't lost a number of commercial deals to City because we offered better terms. They leaked and moaned about that but then withdrew it because they looked like fools.

As for Abu Dhabi sponsors he's got figures follows:

2012/2013 - £118.75 mil
2015/2016 - £122 mil
2019/2020 - £140 mil

The 12/13 figure is about right from what was leaked and reported in different sources. I've seen different figures for 15/16 and I presume his is on the high side because it is higher than 30% of our total 15/16 revenue and would have led to an automatic investigation under a new UEFA rule introduced in 2015.
The 19/20 figure is just guesswork.
Don't forget the consistent champions league money in the last 10 years
Liverpool, Chelsea & without doubt Spurs have missed at least 3 season money?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.