CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Why can other Clubs spend obcene amounts of money without anybody batting an eyelid?

Barcelona being one, they are billions in debt but have managed to recruit a lot of players as of late. You don’t see anyone lobbying for them to be banned from the champions league for the financial shit show they are in.

It is weird that apparently all the traditional "big" clubs are in staggeringly huge amounts of debts and that's why they wanted the Super League. But no one seems to ask the question of how they got in staggeringly huge amounts of debts if they were not losing money each year and therefore complying with FFP. A real headscratcher that I'm sure the journalists are vigorously looking in to

Tell if I am confused or missing something ? Der speigal and the leaked emails where reported as showing that the some sponsors artificially inflated our sponsorship with money from our owner

Assuming the Premier League are looking at this again.

Hypothetically let’s say after extra work and many many years they find something UEFA did not.

So what how would they get round the non related party and not inflated by outside auditors.

I don’t think I will be able to explain this correctly and the example might not work but let’s say for example I sponsor AFC Fylde Match ball for 10 pound and I get my mates mates to chip in the rest I have saved x and Fylde have received more than they otherwise would have but the person who helped me find them is not related party to me or Fylde via international standards and the amount paid is still a normal amount that is comparable to other deals so Nothing could be done anyway ? So is this not the situation with City ?

Separate question will City ever go after anyone for false reporting on this issues or be more pro active on the PR and explaining everything if we are cleared again and it should all be over
The Der Spiegl emails were nothing to do with anything being artificially inflated. The figures for the Etihad sponsorship were accepted as "fair value" by all parties. Spiegl claimed that the emails implied City had received money directly from the Abu Dhabi Executive instead of directly from Etihad itself. Of course Etihad is a state-funded organisation (like Emirates, Saudi Telecom etc). If the Exec sent money to Etihad (to bail out its debts) and then later Etihad sent the money to City then are no problems with any FFP rules. But the emails were vague and out of context and did not prove anything at all. Some of them pre-dated FFP and at least one was fabricated by two mails being merged into one. In a sense the whole thing is just semantics.

Separate question will City ever go after anyone for false reporting on this issues or be more pro active on the PR and explaining everything if we are cleared again and it should all be over
I wonder if City will make an announcement once the PL investigation is brought to a close, perhaps that's why they've been fairly quite over the whole thing (UEFA & PL investigation)?

Why can other Clubs spend obcene amounts of money without anybody batting an eyelid?
Evertons finances are shocking. Villa were for a while. No doubt Newcastle will bend a few rules over coming years. Those are the comparisons. Only no one would care (except Leeds or Burnley) if everton got a fine for failing FFP. If we do its end of the world.

Only difference is we were successful in bridging the gap and upsetting the apple cart and these 3 (so far) have failed.

No point comparing spending to liverpool, united, chelsea as we’re looking back 10 years almost at a time when we didn’t have significant commercial and european revenues we have now.

Barcelona being one, they are billions in debt but have managed to recruit a lot of players as of late. You don’t see anyone lobbying for them to be banned from the champions league for the financial shit show they are in.
Barca were hammered by the Spanish FA for FFP, their rules are very strict, too strict for me, it's killing their league.

Evertons finances are shocking. Villa were for a while. No doubt Newcastle will bend a few rules over coming years. Those are the comparisons. Only no one would care (except Leeds or Burnley) if everton got a fine for failing FFP. If we do its end of the world.

Only difference is we were successful in bridging the gap and upsetting the apple cart and these 3 (so far) have failed.

No point comparing spending to liverpool, united, chelsea as we’re looking back 10 years almost at a time when we didn’t have significant commercial and european revenues we have now.
Well Hull and Wolves have both been fined by UEFA for FFP breaches in recent years and no-one batted an eyelid. Some Wolves fans tried to excuse their breach by saying they over-achieved that season by unexpectedly qualifying for Europe (meaning they came under scrutiny from UEFA) and the plan was to qualify the following season instead when their finances would've been healthier!

I’m not well up on the finances of other clubs and maybe it’s just me being abit thick, but..
How do Chelsea get away with Roman pumping money into the club via ‘loans’?
It’s a question I’ve asked on here before. A soft loan of 1.5b that doesn’t attract interest payments and is not being paid back is surely a flagrant breech of FFP.

At the very least a market value level of interest should be added to Chelsea’s expenditure to stop them circumventing the rules, it’s akin to inflated sponsorship dressed up in a different guise.

I wonder if City will make an announcement once the PL investigation is brought to a close, perhaps that's why they've been fairly quite over the whole thing (UEFA & PL investigation)?
I’ve said it before, my sincere hope is that once the PL investigation is complete City will make it abundantly clear to anyone and everyone in the media that ‘open season’ is finally over. Anyone publishing, tweeting, retweeting or whatever else they do, false narrative about us will be brought to task. Apologies demanded, retractions and corrections and, of course, stadium bans for any twat named Harris, Delaney or McKenna!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.