CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Imagine if this was the other way round.

"Man City tries to pay uefa official to not investigate ffp"

It would be over every back page faster than you could shout "Gotcha"

The screams of outrage from scousers who couldn’t get into a champions league final because of dodgy tickets made by their own fan base had the English press going after corrupt Uefa and the French. This is a whole lot worse if correct and lack of coverage of it stinks.

A good post as usual from you but I thought the PL investigation was opened long before the CAS verdict - around the same time that UEFA opened theirs, ie March 2019?
Yes. I think I got this wrong. What I was trying to say was that the PL continued their investigation in the face of the CAS decision. They did launch it earlier. But any sensible organisation would have used the CAS decison to stop their own fruitless inquiry. The PL could have got out then with little damage to themselves not least because the PL has different FFP rules to UEFA anyway.

The story doesn't back up the headline. The narrative suggests the motivation of the bribery was to treat Barca leniently rather than to punish City and PSG more heavily. That's a different emphasis to the earlier tweets. It would be interesting to see the precise wording in the book.

That's weird. That article says it was an attempted bribe to ease the FFP.burden on Barcelona, when the book (according to the Athletic) and the headline says it was to punish City.

Edit - what he said up above :)

Just got in from work and seen this....

It seems that that the truth (not all of it) is finally coming out and the tactics that have been used to get our club into difficulty are emerging

As some have said, it will be interesting to see the reporting on this because it is huge in terms of what our club has had to put up with

Also the premier league investigation will be one to watch, cos I would bet that certain english clubs would have been pushing for them to run their own investigation to get us sanctioned

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.