Casting to TV.

paulchapo

Okay I have tried to cast games to my TV. It has a cast icon and says searching for devices but it never works. My brother in law has the same app and his casting works. I can cast YouTube to my TV from my phone so I have no idea why this doesn't work. Has anyone got any ideas?

Okay I have tried to cast games to my TV. It has a cast icon and says searching for devices but it never works. My brother in law has the same app and his casting works. I can cast YouTube to my TV from my phone so I have no idea why this doesn't work. Has anyone got any ideas?
I assume you are trying to cast from chrome, you will either need a casting app on your TV or just get chromecast.

I assume you are trying to cast from chrome, you will either need a casting app on your TV or just get chromecast.

Yes. It works on YouTube so I was surprised it wouldn't work on the games. I know it can because the brother in law can do it, he even cast it to a TV in a rented accommodation we were in once.

Yes. It works on YouTube so I was surprised it wouldn't work on the games. I know it can because the brother in law can do it, he even cast it to a TV in a rented accommodation we were in once.
I have a Huawei and a LG OLED tv. IIRC there was a tv cast app you can download from the LG appstore that allows you to cast video links to the TV, you just need the app on your phone/tablet and the TV. I don't really cast, but most of the phones will allow you to cast your whole phone screen to the TV, obviously that would mean you cant use the phone while you're watching.

It's an LG smart TV.
OK, I have a similar set up. On my LG TV I turn on the Miracast function which is accessed through the usual set up menu on the TV. On my phone, settings>device connectivity>wireless projection. The two should connect. As Shev says, the phone screen will be mirrored on the TV, but maybe not the same quality picture.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.