Casual staff at City - club confirm they will be paid

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Ric, 19 Mar 2020.

1. Ric

Ric

Hopefully this is something the club are working on, would be very disappointing if not. Some kind of announcement to help allay people’s fears wouldn’t go amiss though.

GaudinoMotors likes this.
  2. yeseye

yeseye

EARLY CROSS, CHANCE AT THE FAR POST,HINCHCLIFFE
    Are they agency or zero hours contract?
    That’s where the problems begin.
    I don’t know why the clubs can’t just employ folk on part-time hours so they have the benefits of employment .

Rosler's Mullet and mick10 like this.
  3. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

It’s pennies in the scheme of things - city make sure the right is done.

I am sure the club won’t let us down.

4. Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese

Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese

Team supported:
    FC Zurich (and city of course)
    If you read the article it seems this is an issue that needs to be sorted by all the clubs, but for some reason it seems appropriate to single out city in the bye-line. I suppose it's a good example of human rights abuses and greed by Arabs for the not at all racist mail

5. Blue Hefner

Blue Hefner

No ifs, no buts. Every single worker should be sorted out.

I’m not interested in ‘oh, it’s an agency’ or whatever else some apologist might come out with. I’m sure they’ll sort KDB and rest out for millions in unpaid bonuses so stewards and catering staff need to be treated correctly

Vienna_70, 2691Blues, BlueTG and 7 others like this.
  6. Ric

Ric

Think United have committed to pay their casual staff for the rest of the season. If that’s the case, it’s valid to ask why we haven’t yet done the same.

Ban-jani and jayfx like this.
  7. Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese

Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese

Team supported:
    FC Zurich (and city of course)
    Maybe we are just waiting for the season to resume as things get completely back to normal in a few weeks ;-)

Ardwick Green Blue likes this.
  8. franksinatra

franksinatra

They have but I believe that was only announced today. The fact it is know in the public domain should push things along but in all honesty staff should already know by now as people have enough uncertainty already in their lives.

9. Tim of the Oak

Tim of the Oak

I’ve got confidence that the people running the Club will sort this out but maybe our administrators have been to busy answering fans demanding season ticket refunds (when the League might resume in the Summer or Autumn).

Onen possible solution would be for City to find suitable alternative community work for the pay, but that’s assuming we won’t all be in lockdown in the weeks ahead

10. City_Sean

City_Sean

The club haven't responded to a single question regarding direct debit payments.

It's a chance for the club to get some positive PR but they're being slow. We're in a current pandemic and the club are a billion dollar company. They should be doing the right thing.

Vienna_70 and gray740 like this.