Casual staff at City - club confirm they will be paid

If you read the article it seems this is an issue that needs to be sorted by all the clubs, but for some reason it seems appropriate to single out city in the bye-line. I suppose it's a good example of human rights abuses and greed by Arabs for the not at all racist mail

Not all clubs it seems

Brighton have led the way by taking the “decision as a club to continue paying the vast majority of our matchday staff for the remainder of the season” whether or not their fixtures are fulfilled.

Wolves are remunerating casual non-matchday staff as though they are still working their shifts. For matchday casuals, the club are deferring payment until the games take place, but they plan to compensate them if that that doesn’t happen.

Palace have confirmed that their matchday staff who have been drafted in to work the remaining fixtures “will not be disadvantaged financially.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...lubs-jobs-casual-matchday-staff-a9408711.html

The club haven't responded to a single question regarding direct debit payments.

It's a chance for the club to get some positive PR but they're being slow. We're in a current pandemic and the club are a billion dollar company. They should be doing the right thing.

The Club have made small profits in recent seasons from selling on youth players and allegedly our owners inflate our sponsorship deals (we deny that of course). It’s not like the Glazers who take tens of millions out of Utd every season.

The season hasn’t been called off so season tickets are currently valid for the rest of the season. We don’t know whether any more games will take place and if so whether they would be behind closed doors. Once the situation is clearer then we will hear from the Club who have a good track record on refunds. If there is more clarity then it’s possible that the final months direct debit payment could be scratched for starters.

The Club have made small profits in recent seasons from selling on youth players and allegedly our owners inflate our sponsorship deals (we deny that of course). It’s not like the Glazers who take tens of millions out of Utd every season.

The season hasn’t been called off so season tickets are currently valid for the rest of the season. We don’t know whether any more games will take place and if so whether they would be behind closed doors. Once the situation is clearer then we will hear from the Club who have a good track record on refunds. If there is more clarity then it’s possible that the final months direct debit payment could be scratched for starters.

I think that you're being far too lenient on the club here mate.

The club has the financial capacity to pay the salaries of temps and matchday staff. It can also waive a final £65 direct debit fee.

Find it a bit odd when some people won’t accept any criticism of the club, and immediately seek to dismiss it. I love City with all my heart, but they’re certainly not infallible. As I said in my initial post, I very much hope they are going to do the right thing but they should clarify their position, for the peace of mind of their employees more than anything.

I think that you're being far too lenient on the club here mate.

The club has the financial capacity to pay the salaries of temps and matchday staff. It can also waive a final £65 direct debit fee.

I want to see the Club pay the temps wages but it would be better to find them alternative work (if possible and it may well not be) than just give aways.

The Club has probably refunded the best part of £2mil from the cancelled Madrid game so why would they rush to make payments to fans who want the season to have ended.

Not all clubs it seems

Brighton have led the way by taking the “decision as a club to continue paying the vast majority of our matchday staff for the remainder of the season” whether or not their fixtures are fulfilled.

Wolves are remunerating casual non-matchday staff as though they are still working their shifts. For matchday casuals, the club are deferring payment until the games take place, but they plan to compensate them if that that doesn’t happen.

Palace have confirmed that their matchday staff who have been drafted in to work the remaining fixtures “will not be disadvantaged financially.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...lubs-jobs-casual-matchday-staff-a9408711.html

No, maybe only 15 out of 20 including city.

Find it a bit odd when some people won’t accept any criticism of the club, and immediately seek to dismiss it. I love City with all my heart, but they’re certainly not infallible. As I said in my initial post, I very much hope they are going to do the right thing but they should clarify their position, for the peace of mind of their employees more than anything.
I accept it and hope the temps get some sort of payment, but it's clearly not just a city issue as it was framed in the article.

No, maybe only 15 out of 20 including city.

5 clubs have already sorted this out, that's not a good look for a club who wants to be the best run club in the league on and off the pitch. That's doubly true when, of the 15 left, a third are in a treacherous financial position that might make a delay of a few weeks acceptable while they sorted their books.

There's about 2000 pages in the United thread every season where we mock the incompetent running of that club mercilessly and have done for 6+ years and yet Ed Woodward an co. have left us behind on this and so have Liverpool.

Lets hope the club sort this out fast.

Last edited:
We have very different employment laws here. Right now every business has the right to reduce employees contracts and the government takes up 80% of the slack. So for example, if say some city fan who worked for an airline in switzerland took an 75% drop in working hours he would (for a limited time) receive 25% of his previous pay and 80% of the other 75%. So he wouldn't be completely fucked, just slightly fucked for now.
Of course you can refuse. But then you get the sack with no come back.
https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/covid-...ed-after-coronavirus-package-fallout/45629596

This negative story will no doubt be headlines in the Liverpool/United Daily Mail.
" Mega rich City refuse to pay minimum wage staff"

They've probably already seen this tweet/thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.