Cat advice

kaz7

Don’t think it’s a stray, only about during the day and looks well maintained.

no collar but it spends all day in our garden but then disappears as it goes dark.
I was a little worried when you said very young kitten, they shouldnt be out let alone without a collar , you could put some string around its belly with a note asking if it belongs to someone

Manciniera

Team supported
Manchester City
Had that done to me once, so I would not go wanting…

grunge

Well goddam it.

decided to let Buddy out for the day. So he can start to Mark out his territory and keep him in at night for the next few months. Within 6 hours of being outside he has another major fight and now has a bloody leg again!

It was in next door neighbours garden. Ended up having to spray the bush the were fighting in with a hose to split them up.

At least I now know the offending feline doing the damage!

kaz7

Well goddam it.

decided to let Buddy out for the day. So he can start to Mark out his territory and keep him in at night for the next few months. Within 6 hours of being outside he has another major fight and now has a bloody leg again!

It was in next door neighbours garden. Ended up having to spray the bush the were fighting in with a hose to split them up.

At least I now know the offending feline doing the damage!
He needs to stay inside , he will get used to being a housecat if you play with him two or three times a day , you have no control over next doors cat

Edit ,on second thoughts give it one more try so they can try and work it out ,he cant keep getting battered though

Last edited:

grunge

He needs to stay inside , he will get used to being a housecat if you play with him two or three times a day , you have no control over next doors cat

Edit ,on second thoughts give it one more try so they can try and work it out ,he cant keep getting battered though

Thanks, Thankfully these wounds turned out to be quite superficial. after an evening of feeling sorry for himself he was bouncing around again wanting to go out. we let him out yesterday without incident thankfully. we've started with smaller times, obviously not something we can fully control but when he comes back for food we're keeping him in so he's only out for a few hours at a time so he can get his territory marked up.

if he does keep getting injured then yeah we'll have to do what we can do with keeping him in. already looking at cat tree's and the like as he likes being high up, spends a lot of time on top of the fridge when he's on his own or when the door bell goes he bolts up there so he clearly feels safe when high up.

grunge

its starting to look like this maybe the only option to be honest.

he come home tonight, head and neck covered in scratches and bites and is a bloody mess again.

clearly has no ability to back down from a fight at the moment and clearly is over the hill in his ability

Last edited:

kaz7

he come home tonight, head and neck covered in scratches and bites and is a bloody mess again.

clearly has no ability to back down from a fight at the moment and clearly is over the hill in his ability
Oh bless him , a bully cat has really got his number , how old is he ? He would get used to being in but you will have to weather the initial complaing ! @Bigg Bigg Blue has several indoor cats , he can give you some tips

Semper aggressus

Team supported
Manchester City

Poor kitty, it sounds like he’d be a lot safer indoors. I’m sure he’d get used to the comforts of home and decide he didn’t need to go out. You just need to get him used to using a litter tray, which does seem to come quite naturally to most cats.

We have four indoor cats, all were rescued by my wife from the streets of Connecticut in the last ten years, some having spent the first couple of years as ferals, so they do get used to staying in. Safe from cars too!

Have plenty of comfy cat beds around the house for him, and a few toys plus litter tray and I reckon he’ll settle as an indoor cat.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.