Cat and Dog Problem

markyboyblue

We have a cat which we have had for a few years. He is so good and easy to look after. We went along to the dogs and cats home to have a look at getting another cat but ended up getting a dog instead (missus fault). Anyway now we have a dog and cat that are getting to know each other and not getting on very well. The cat is a big un and the dog is a Pomerainian so only slightly larger than the cat. Any tips on getting them to share our house?

dogs-and-cats-living-together.png

Keep them apart,in different rooms if you can and let the cat get used to it being there in it's own time,it will eventually get used to sharing the space or it will up and leave.Fuss them both equally

Two bricks, one bin bag, one canal. Problem solved.

karen7 said:
Keep them apart,in different rooms if you can and let the cat get used to it being there in it's own time,it will eventually get used to sharing the space or it will up and leave.Fuss them both equally

The cat is very independent, he goes off for days at a time anyway. The funny thing is since the dog arrived the cats been hanging around me and fussing me. Don't want him to leave though, I'm more of a cat person i suppose.

markyboyblue said:
karen7 said:

The cat is very independent, he goes off for days at a time anyway. The funny thing is since the dog arrived the cats been hanging around me and fussing me. Don't want him to leave though, I'm more of a cat person i suppose.

Your username is wrong mate. You must be a lovely lady.

markyboyblue said:
karen7 said:

You cant beat a bond between a cat and owner,both there because they want to be and not because they are dependent on each other

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.