Cavani Goal the other day

Yeah it was good but I'd question the defending, 3 lads in a row over-committing without any real cover and how many players in the box losing Cavani?

Looking at Cavani's record, it's astonishing.

In 3 seasons in Italy - 104 goals in 138 games.
In 5 seasons in France - 155 goals in 222 games.
For Uruguay - 40 goals in 98 apps (he's the second highest goal scorer in Uruguay's history, 9 goals behind Suarez).

It's strange then that people for some reason have not rated him, or not wanted him at their club when he was linked with their club. I know Chelsea and United fans who turned their nose up at him when he was linked with us and them. Cavani has consistently scored goals since 2010. Incredible striker.

For Uruguay - 40 goals in 98 apps (he's the second highest goal scorer in Uruguay's history, 9 goals behind Suarez).

It's strange then that people for some reason have not rated him, or not wanted him at their club when he was linked with their club. I know Chelsea and United fans who turned their nose up at him when he was linked with us and them. Cavani has consistently scored goals since 2010. Incredible striker.

imagine how many more he could have scored if he put away all the sitters hes missed!! Feck me!!!

imagine how many more he could have scored if he put away all the sitters hes missed!! Feck me!!!

True.

His movement is incredible. I think other strikers in the same situations as him probably wouldn't get those chances. For example, as we were comparing Costa vs Morata the other day in the Chelsea thread, Costa's movement off the ball isn't great, in fact, for a top striker who is elite in the other areas of attacking, his movement is really poor. Cavani gets all those chances because he's extremely intelligent off the ball. If a guy had that sort of record for my club, I could forgive him for missing sitters every now and then.

His all round play is fantastic as well and his record in France would arguably be a lot better if he hadn't spent the majority of 3 years and 148 games shunted out wide to accommodate Ibrahimovic.

His all round play is fantastic as well and his record in France would arguably be a lot better if he hadn't spent the majority of 3 years and 148 games shunted out wide to accommodate Ibrahimovic.

I forgot about that.

He would most certainly have an even better record if he hadn't played wide forward for 3 years. Zlatan was admittedly pretty incredible himself at the time, but Cavani was intentially sacrificed for 3 years to accommodate him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.