Cavani Speculation/News 3 (or 4)

NipHolmes said:
Marvin. Isco plays for a team that's better together than the Uruguay NT is. Isco can at least rely on his team to fight for possession and then do something with the ball.

You can scout a players talent, judgement and flaws in national games but club football is the gauging stick for players. National games just give us the chance to see players we don't get to see much of like Bernard, Moratta, Paulinho etc.
Overall yes, but you can't just ignore the Internationals as they reveal how a player performs in different systems and against top quality opponents

I've never seen Cavani play well for Uruguay, i'm not sure it's his fault but it does put some doubts in the mind.

pee dubya said:
I've never seen Cavani play well for Uruguay, i'm not sure it's his fault but it does put some doubts in the mind.

But for years they said that and still do about messi, he's the best player in the world but it's the midfield thats bad ie. behind Cavani last night it was Ramirez, Cavani was getting back in his own teams box to start a counter but every time the ball went to Suarez and was lost I think we can forget about this performance.

Said to my mate the other day, whats worse, signing Cavani for £50m + and he flops; or Chelsea sign him and he turns out to be class?

Don't see why Aguero can't be our main striker and we look for a cheaper option who can replace Tevez.

NipHolmes said:
Marvin. Isco plays for a team that's better together than the Uruguay NT is. Isco can at least rely on his team to fight for possession and then do something with the ball. Isco has been fabulous in every game so far but also for the club for last two seasons.

You can scout a players talent, judgement and flaws in national games but club football is the gauging stick for players. National games just give us the chance to see players we don't get to see much of like Bernard, Moratta, Paulinho etc.

You make a very, very valid point about central play. This is where Cavani plays. Imo Aguero would have to be played off him or to his right. I'm not hugely comfortable with this as Balotelli was similar and he and Aguero didn't really work. However Lavezzi was incredible alongside Cavani and I hope that's what ee get in an Aguero partnership, similar link up play and goals.

----------------Cavani----------------------
------------------------------Aguero--------
Isco------------------------------------------
-----------------Silva------------------------
--------------Dinho--Yaya----------------

That would be my mid and attack. With Silva drifted to the right when Aguero drifts centrally. Isco coming in and out the flank. We need fullbacks to GRAFT to make this successful. Imo Richards suits it better than Zab.

Ideally 4-2-3-1 is played but can't see Aguero or Cavani being happy with being dropped.

I'm actually more keen to wrap up Isco at a cost rather than worry about Cavani. Isco imo gives us more of what we need and Dzeko is an alternative to Cavani we already have.

Exactly how I see it, including the bit about Richards for Zab, which will go down like a lead balloon on here. Whilst we're pissing the masses off, I'd also like to see us sign a top quality, experienced centre-back to partner Kompany in the Champs League.

hgblue said:
NipHolmes said:
Marvin. Isco plays for a team that's better together than the Uruguay NT is. Isco can at least rely on his team to fight for possession and then do something with the ball. Isco has been fabulous in every game so far but also for the club for last two seasons.

You make a very, very valid point about central play. This is where Cavani plays. Imo Aguero would have to be played off him or to his right. I'm not hugely comfortable with this as Balotelli was similar and he and Aguero didn't really work. However Lavezzi was incredible alongside Cavani and I hope that's what ee get in an Aguero partnership, similar link up play and goals.

That would be my mid and attack. With Silva drifted to the right when Aguero drifts centrally. Isco coming in and out the flank. We need fullbacks to GRAFT to make this successful. Imo Richards suits it better than Zab.

Ideally 4-2-3-1 is played but can't see Aguero or Cavani being happy with being dropped.

I'm actually more keen to wrap up Isco at a cost rather than worry about Cavani. Isco imo gives us more of what we need and Dzeko is an alternative to Cavani we already have.

Exactly how I see it, including the bit about Richards for Zab, which will go down like a lead balloon on here. Whilst we're pissing the masses off, I'd also like to see us sign a top quality, experienced centre-back to partner Kompany in the Champs League.

I honestly think Nastasic will be fine in the Champions league he only played a couple games last season but he is seriously improving all the time, with his coolness on the ball I think he'll do just fine.

NipHolmes said:

I agree.

I started out seeing Isco as very much a distraction from strengthening the forward line, but having seen the U21 games I am excited about Isco.

City have had 4 top forwards over the last 2 seasons but not really got the best out of them. Maybe we don't need to change personnel so much up front, but just work out a system to suit them. Balotelli for instance looks so much better playing on hs own down the middle. I think Dzeko would too. Unfortunately you have to make sacrfices and I think Pellegrini is going to have to do that with his forwards.

corky1970 said:
formation talk again in a transfer thread, therefore bumping the thread to make it look likes there's fresh news

well done !

we all get disappointed in that way though Corky - I came in to see who you were calling a ****

hgblue said:
NipHolmes said:

Without bringing out annoying cliches- this is the premiership, and I think a top class midfield which wins the league needs a bit more bite than that. That mid and attack would fare well in the Champions League, I am sure; but in the League, I think that Mackalele or De Jong type player can really help.

It appears Fernandinho has a bit of that to his game, but I've no idea how much. Despite that- I wouldn't want another player to swap with any of the players you have mentioned above, so not quite sure what I would do. Just think it is important to have a slightly more rugged aspect to your midfield when necessary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.