Cavani Speculation/News (page 151 onwards)

I guess the team will be just packed with playmakers next season then. Aguero or Dzeko upfront alone if Pellegrini has ever played that system. With a midfield packed with creativity. Hopefully people shoot.

NoahCity said:
whyalwaysyou said:
Apparently when we wanted Hazard, and then the rumours started Chelsea were nicking him, one of Chelsea TV employees on twitter said Hazard to them is done, just await announcement. He's tweeted this. (found it looking for cavani news...sad i know sigh)

Chris Cohen ‏@Chris_Cohen 4h
Cavani as good as done I'm told by the way
noooooo

So just to be clear, a supposed paid employee of Chelsea FC, choosing not to remain anonymous and using the oracle of Twitter, has divulged highly secretive information?

As someone who speaks to various people with access to information, they are tremendously cautious not to have fingerprints on leaking sensitive info.

It's now becoming increasingly clear both Soriano and Begiristain have been going about our work with total efficiency and to little fanfare.

I sense De Laurentis has little time for us and has previously slandered our owners.

Our offer is known, as and when City are able to properly establish what the supposed new landscape is, we will serve our own agenda.

Personally, I believe we are still at the front of this queue.

My concern is how much Cavani really wants us, bring shrewd enough to keep his powder dry?

Stop flapping and enjoy the reality. If it ain't Cavani, we will roll our tanks on to someone else's lawn, just as we did for Aguero after the Sanchez saga.

sam663 said:
Joehannes said:
Lol. Damiao.

Why bother commenting if you can't contribute to the debate ?
Okay. Damiao was once considered a promising striker because of his goal record but his game is limited and hasn't looked anything like a player with the potential to become a top striker for at least 10 months.

On the cheaper alternatives... has anyone seen much of Jackson Martinez? His stats are incredible but I don't know much of him.

I have seen Yilmaz a fair bit though and think he'd be a good alternative. Very potent in front of goal, great movement, and not slow. Goal of his against Schalke in the Champions League last season:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IGUU8Atm0M[/youtube]

tolmie's hairdoo said:
NoahCity said:
whyalwaysyou said:
Apparently when we wanted Hazard, and then the rumours started Chelsea were nicking him, one of Chelsea TV employees on twitter said Hazard to them is done, just await announcement. He's tweeted this. (found it looking for cavani news...sad i know sigh)

noooooo

So just to be clear, a supposed paid employee of Chelsea FC, choosing not to remain anonymous and using the oracle of Twitter, has divulged highly secretive information?

As someone who speaks to various people with access to information, they are tremendously cautious not to have fingerprints on leaking sensitive info.

It's now becoming increasingly clear both Soriano and Begiristain have been going about our work with total efficiency and to little fanfare.

I sense De Laurentis has little time for us and has previously slandered our owners.

Our offer is known, as and when City are able to properly establish what the supposed new landscape is, we will serve our own agenda.

Personally, I believe we are still at the front of this queue.

My concern is how much Cavani really wants us, bring shrewd enough to keep his powder dry?

Stop flapping and enjoy the reality. If it ain't Cavani, we will roll our tanks on to someone else's lawn, just as we did for Aguero after the Sanchez saga.
Tolmie l know this is the Cavani thread but have you heard anything on Thiago ?

squirtyflower said:
whyalwaysyou said:

whyalwaysyou said:
Re.Falcao, I think he is nailed on for Chelsea, and part of the Courtois loan was because of this. And despite his awful record at Chelsea, don't be surprised to see Atletico's golden boy Torres involved in the deal. IMO there is too much media in Spain claiming he has already agreed to join Chelsea. Pretty sure I read some quotes from Falcao too explaining how he loves Chelsea and supported them as a kid, and still does follow their results.

Cavani though, City bound
what happened here then?

are you a Chelsea fan?

Falcao a chelsea fan? lol

LoveCity said:
On the cheaper alternatives... has anyone seen much of Jackson Martinez? His stats are incredible but I don't know much of him.

I have seen Yilmaz a fair bit though and think he'd be a good alternative. Very potent in front of goal, great movement, and not slow. Goal of his against Schalke in the Champions League last season:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IGUU8Atm0M[/youtube]
Yeh, I suggested Martinez before. 34 goals in 39 games for Porto. I would gladly take him if we can't get Cavani. Not seen too much of him though. Only 26 but Porto seem to always squeeze as much when they sell, not sure I'd pay more than 20 million for him.
Edit: Here's a compilation; [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn_4FKyv-ik[/youtube]

not my fault! said:
malg said:
If we don't get Cavan will the club give me my money back for my season ticket?

You may as well ask mate because I can guarantee 100% that City won't be signing Cavan. ;0)
Right, I'm off to the ticket office before the queue starts to demand my money back in the morning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.