Celtic Thread 2017/18.

Got chatting to a Rangers fan here in Spain. Congratulated me on our record prem title then added "you've spent your money well."

Told me that Slippy G couldn't be any worse than what they've had and thought he might enjoy the Old Firm culture which dominates Scottish football. He was a season ticket holder at Ibrox and supported all British teams in Europe.

"All ?" I asked "including Celtic?"

"No, all British teams."

He reckoned Rangers should apply to join the Premier League but Celtic never could because they were anti-English and 80% of them had Irish ancestors.They were basically an Irish team. He then went on to tell me that in the referendum for Scottish independence, the "no" vote won thanks to Rangers fans all over Scotland who voted to remain in UK. Celtic voters, mainly in Glasgow East, voted en mass to leave but the Rangers fans in Glasgow West, Argyle, Ayrshire, Borders etc saved the day and kept Scotland in UK.

Wondering about this, I looked up the map of the vote in Scotland and there seems to be some truth in it although as usual it's difficult to determine cause and effect.

This is the pish they come out with. They are so bigoted that they are making this a Catholic/Protestant thing. Let’s look at the numbers which blows his shit out if the water.

The Yes vote won in Glasgow. The SNP also now control Glasgow City Council and won the Majority of Glasgow seats.

In the Ref 1.67m people voted yes.

There are 800,000 Catholics in Scotland. 370,000 are too young to vote. The majority of pensioner age Catholics would never vote SNP because back in the day it was very anti catholic. They are labour through and through. 76% of all 65+ voted No.

If we take them out that’s probably 80,000 a lot of younger Labour voters would also have voted No, as I would have years ago as a labour voted.

So say, the majority of Catholics vote Yes, that’s a top figure of 300,000z

Yes got 1.67m so 1.3m prods.

Even if every single catholic voted yes, it would still be 1.2m prods.

These ****s are bile ridden and short on facts.

The reason he wants away is he knows we are going to pile drive them into the fucking dust. Red white and blue dust.

Last edited:
Yeah thought as much.

Looking at the voting map I see 61% in Edinburgh voted against independence. Always thought they were more nationalistic than Glasgow. Shows that there isn't such a close relationship between religion, politics and supporting a football team as some want us to believe because I imagine most in Edinburgh follow Hibs or Hearts, not Rangers.

If you go by the prices paid for dicks in the EP Ntcham is worth at least twice that.

Given that Celtic reportedly paid us 4.5 million for his services last summer, it seems a remarkable increase. Doubt he’d go for that much and hope we’re due a cut if he does.

Rangers going bump absolutely killed the spl. Celtic have got complacent by the looks of things regarding missing out on the champions league

Rangers going bump absolutely killed the spl. Celtic have got complacent by the looks of things regarding missing out on the champions league

Not by the looks of it. It was Lawell our prick of a CEO. He failed to get in any targets and we are out because of that.

Not by the looks of it. It was Lawell our prick of a CEO. He failed to get in any targets and we are out because of that.
I'll trust your judgement mate, I don't watch much Scottish football but I don't think having a one team league is healthy for a big club like Celtic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.