Celtic thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair I did say challenging for a top four after five years. Not getting there.

As for players coming here? We signed VVD, our playing in Europe gives them a platform only the top six in England can. That’s why we can attract young players.they also know we understand they want to move on. We will never be invited to play in England. Both of the Gkasgow teams have too much baggage. I wouldn’t have ya for that alone. Never mind if we got there and took up two places English clubs have now. It’s a non starter. We are were we are. And that’s the way it will be. Us even qualifying for the CL is brilliant. I’m just hoping we can sort out our fucking defence so we do t get mauled all the time. That to me is a realistic goal. Going for 3rd place in the groups is a level I would take right now.

I think even after 5 years it would be a tall order for either old firm club to finish top 4. Do not underestimate the difficulty City and Chelsea had breaking that Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal cartel. To easy to claim those clubs have bought it, whilst without the benefactors neither would claim to have been able to achieve what they have, they have also had to become extremeley well run clubs in order to compete at the top of the Premier league. Were Celtic or Rangers to suddenly move to the Premier League with comparable budgets to the other top 6 clubs I suspect it would be much more difficult than many up there believe to break into what is now a very strong top 6 rather than the big three of 10/15 years ago.

I think even after 5 years it would be a tall order for either old firm club to finish top 4. Do not underestimate the difficulty City and Chelsea had breaking that Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal cartel. To easy to claim those clubs have bought it, whilst without the benefactors neither would claim to have been able to achieve what they have, they have also had to become extremeley well run clubs in order to compete at the top of the Premier league. Were Celtic or Rangers to suddenly move to the Premier League with comparable budgets to the other top 6 clubs I suspect it would be much more difficult than many up there believe to break into what is now a very strong top 6 rather than the big three of 10/15 years ago.

It’s like talking about me hitching up with Emily Blunt. Never going to happen. Although if she is reading this I will certainly consider it.

So tonight we go in against Valencia. Last week, we were like rabbits in the headlights after we made our customary here’s a goal mistake. Up until then we weren’t on fire, but we were’nt totally shit either.

After the break, not content with gifting one goal, we did it again and from then on in shat it. Our players, conscious of our inability to defend were ultra cautious, tentative and shit.

Tonight we are going into a game that nobody, if they are honest, thinks we have a snowball’s chance of overturning.

I am certainly not thinking we can, but I absolutely believe we can perform better. Let’s face it, that shouldn’t be difficult. But, not guaranteed. It’s about having a bit of confidence to play as well as they can. If I had been one of our players last week, I would have been both embarrassed and angry at how much I bottled it.

I’m hoping for a decent performance, well in the knowledge that even if we play to our utmost level, they are better, so that still might not be nearly enough. Just play for fuck sake. Anything else would be an unexpected bonus. I still have the fear that they will go hell for leather to score an early goal to end it all. With our defence, that is a scenario no one will be surprised by. Four years we have had this problem, we are further fucked as our two best defenders, Tierney and Benkovic are injured.

Fucking lucky white heather right enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.