Celtic Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a measure of some of your fellow fans who pretend to care about the victims of this horrendous situation, but really don't give a damn, its all about hoping it causes trouble for Celtic. Shameful and classless.

Every step should be taken to eradicate thus and remember it was over 30 years ago. All who were guilty all if any who didn't act appropriately if thats the case dealt with.

Our view is that as Rangers are going nowhere, this has become the main way they have a go at us. If you're proud of using the suffering of victims to have a go at us, that to me is abhorrent.

Each to their own though. Some of our support have cited similar problems at Rangers in the past hushed up. I have a go at them too. Its not about which club these bastards used to commit their crimes, its about how we deal with its victims regardless of where it happened.

True. Whether it's the Catholic Church, Church of Scotland, Jehovah's Witness, BBC, Westminster, Boys Brigade, Scouts etc, then there should be full investigations into any wrong doings likes that, so why should any wrong doings at Celtic, Rangers, Partick or Auchinleck Talbot be any different?

There has already some been linked to my club, & if so I'd rather they shone a light on it & the truth came out & any victims voices were heard no matter the damage it will do to my club.

I've already said that this seems to be an investigation into Scottish Football, rather than just Celtic. As my son has just joined his first wee team 2 weeks ago, I'm also interested to see if it touches on what steps have been introduced to stop the likes happening again.

Anyway, back to the football. Just read the last couple of pages, I have a question, how & why would Celtic be sitting with £75M in the bank come the summer?

True. Whether it's the Catholic Church, Church of Scotland, Jehovah's Witness, BBC, Westminster, Boys Brigade, Scouts etc, then there should be full investigations into any wrong doings likes that, so why should any wrong doings at Celtic, Rangers, Partick or Auchinleck Talbot be any different?

There has already some been linked to my club, & if so I'd rather they shone a light on it & the truth came out & any victims voices were heard no matter the damage it will do to my club.

I've already said that this seems to be an investigation into Scottish Football, rather than just Celtic. As my son has just joined his first wee team 2 weeks ago, I'm also interested to see if it touches on what steps have been introduced to stop the likes happening again.

Anyway, back to the football. Just read the last couple of pages, I have a question, how & why would Celtic be sitting with £75M in the bank come the summer?
We had a total of £48m in the bank that didn't include the Tierney fee or the money made in Europe. It may be even more than that if we do t get handed our arse on Thursday.

And I agree totally with your assessment of the abuse situation. Its not for point scoring. If any **** at my club tried to bury anything even though CBC aren't a part of us, I would want them to resign if they are still there. These type of people get involved with orgs that deal with young people. Things have improved but we need to be vigilante. The process of being allowed to work in these areas is helped by the now mandatory back ground checks. That's not bomb proof, but it helps. New Child Protection policies are great too.

We will also pick up about £8m from the sake of Dembele to whoever. That's what's been reported this morning from France. We have a 15% sell on clause.

We had a total of £48m in the bank that didn't include the Tierney fee or the money made in Europe. It may be even more than that if we do t get handed our arse on Thursday.

Just had a look, it seemed Cash in bank was £28M net bank debt, £38M without. And that didn't include the £25M Tierney money, but you have spent £18M the last 2 windows as well.

Anyway, the question is, why are they sitting on that cash yet not spending to qualify for Champions League?

Just had a look, it seemed Cash in bank was £28M net bank debt, £38M without. And that didn't include the £25M Tierney money, but you have spent £18M the last 2 windows as well.

Anyway, the question is, why are they sitting on that cash yet not spending to qualify for Champions League?

Welcome to my personal hell wondering why they don't spend more. One day hopefully.

The word on the street, according to Garry the Taxi driver, is we will tool up for both 10 and the CL. I think we will too. Your access to loans can't go in forever, people will want their money back eventually. We qualify for the CL next year, with the TV pot now pushing £15m, £40m for getting in it and gate receipt s takes the total to nearly £79m even if we get handed our arse every game. We do that and you need to hope the SFA to continue to operate without FFP and find yourselves a billionaire. I think pressure will be brought that no FA can opt out. If that happens you cannot go forward running at a loss, which you've done for six years. You also have Elite about to sue for breach of contract and the "many millions" fat Ashley is due. I think you have kicked that down the road but roads end and that's another financial ball clamp. Have you heard how much Ashley has been awarded?

Welcome to my personal hell wondering why they don't spend more. One day hopefully.

The word on the street, according to Garry the Taxi driver, is we will tool up for both 10 and the CL. I think we will too. Your access to loans can't go in forever, people will want their money back eventually. We qualify for the CL next year, with the TV pot now pushing £15m, £40m for getting in it and gate receipt s takes the total to nearly £79m even if we get handed our arse every game. We do that and you need to hope the SFA to continue to operate without FFP and find yourselves a billionaire. I think pressure will be brought that no FA can opt out. If that happens you cannot go forward running at a loss, which you've done for six years. You also have Elite about to sue for breach of contract and the "many millions" fat Ashley is due. I think you have kicked that down the road but roads end and that's another financial ball clamp. Have you heard how much Ashley has been awarded?

Im not sure how much tooling up you can really do to be honest. Not because of the money situation, but because there's a limit to the type of player that a team in our league can attract.

I heard an interview with a Dutch football expert, talking about the millions that Ajax are sitting on, because of the big money they can get for the likes of De Jong, De Ligt, Ziyech etc. Now, that of course is part of their philosophy, but there's also the fact they struggle to attract players to the Dutch League.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather be in your situation finance wise, than what we are. As you rightly point out, we are still hamstrung by Ashley & Co. As much as it must amuse you guys, i find it amazing that someone can hamstring a clubs recovery so much because he had stooges in place when bogus contracts were agreed. You couldn't have picked a worst set of circumstances if Celtic hand picked him yourselves.

To be honest, it's still not entirely clear what's going on. No doubt you guys will have much more knowledge than Rangers fans to what's going on.

As for the loans, as far as I'm aware, the loans from the likes of King, Park etc has or will be turned into more shares, so there's no real big debt to be paid. However, it seems now we might not be able to do that going forward so we need to start getting player trading at a positive, as it seems without making profit from transfers, from what I can tell without Champions League both Celtic & Rangers run at a loss currently.

Last edited:
Im not sure how much tooling up you can really do to be honest. Not because of the money situation, but because there's a limit to the type of player that a team in our league can attract.

I heard an interview with a Dutch football expert, talking about the millions that Ajax are sitting on, because of the big money they can get for the likes of De Jong, De Ligt, Ziyech etc. Now, that of course is part of their philosophy, but there's also the fact they struggle to attract players to the Dutch League.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather be in your situation finance wise, than what we are. As you rightly point out, we are still hamstrung by Ashley & Co. As much as it must amuse you guys, i find it amazing that someone can hamstring a clubs recovery so much because he had stooges in place when bogus contracts were agreed. You couldn't have picked a worst set of circumstances if Celtic hand picked him yourselves.

To be honest, it's still not entirely clear what's going on. No doubt you guys will have much more knowledge than Rangers fans to what's going on.

As for the loans, as far as I'm aware, the loans from the likes of King, Park etc has or will be turned into more shares, so there's no real big debt to be paid. However, it seems now we might not be able to do that going forward so we need to start getting player trading at a positive, as it seems without making profit from transfers, from what I can tell without Champions League both Celtic & Rangers run at a loss currently.

Obviously we can't attract top players as what we have would buy you one. I'm talking about younger better players who would go for £8-10m who want games and achance to promote themselves in Europe, hopefully the CL, stay two seasons then leave. A pisser, but that's the bottom line.

Julien and Eddy have improved us. Total cost under £20m. That's the type we can attract. It will keep us ahead of you and that means a pop at qualifying for the CL, not to mention increasing your mobs valium intake. :)

As far as your finances are going, to be honest I don't really care that much. You
shouldn't be allowed to spend more than you earn. That's taking the piss and the last time you went down that road didn't end well. If we take care of our business, that takes care of you. Your ace in the hike us our board. I have said it a million times, you won't fuck us up. We will, or I should say that cheapskate bastard Lawell. Right now you should be nowhere bear us, you are because Lawell prefers a bank balance.

That needs to change and as we will be going for 10, the prick will know he must act or he will be fucking lynched if we fuck up because he wouldnt buy a player over £3m.

I fear him, not you.

How do you think you will get on tomorrow! I think they will skelp you over there. Tough week with the Jambos on Sunday, maybe start on the valium now, to be on the safe side.:)

Obviously we can't attract top players as what we have would buy you one. I'm talking about younger better players who would go for £8-10m who want games and achance to promote themselves in Europe, hopefully the CL, stay two seasons then leave. A pisser, but that's the bottom line.

Julien and Eddy have improved us. Total cost under £20m. That's the type we can attract. It will keep us ahead of you and that means a pop at qualifying for the CL, not to mention increasing your mobs valium intake. :)

As far as your finances are going, to be honest I don't really care that much. You
shouldn't be allowed to spend more than you earn. That's taking the piss and the last time you went down that road didn't end well. If we take care of our business, that takes care of you. Your ace in the hike us our board. I have said it a million times, you won't fuck us up. We will, or I should say that cheapskate bastard Lawell. Right now you should be nowhere bear us, you are because Lawell prefers a bank balance.

That needs to change and as we will be going for 10, the prick will know he must act or he will be fucking lynched if we fuck up because he wouldnt buy a player over £3m.

I fear him, not you.

How do you think you will get on tomorrow! I think they will skelp you over there. Tough week with the Jambos on Sunday, maybe start on the valium now, to be on the safe side.:)

Given how our Co efficient is improving, I think we're close to getting 2 clubs in the qualifying rounds for the Champions League. You never know, we might just join you's in there lol.

Im not sure this is the best place to discuss only spending what you earn, many quite rightly moan that 'the cartel' stopped that from happening to spite City.

To be honest with you, this holy grail of a 9 or a 10 in a row doesn't really bother me that much. I certainly wouldn't want to go into financial ruin just to stop it. We weren't in the league for half of it, & were a shambles the first couple of years we were, so it honestly wouldn't wind me up any more than losing any other title, although I might be alone in that thinking.

As for Braga, i don't rate our chances. That was by far the best team we have played this season, and we somehow shocked them in a 15min spell. The way we're defending we'll concede, & we are struggling with our forward play as well. Still, they might surprise me.

Given how our Co efficient is improving, I think we're close to getting 2 clubs in the qualifying rounds for the Champions League. You never know, we might just join you's in there lol.

Im not sure this is the best place to discuss only spending what you earn, many quite rightly moan that 'the cartel' stopped that from happening to spite City.

To be honest with you, this holy grail of a 9 or a 10 in a row doesn't really bother me that much. I certainly wouldn't want to go into financial ruin just to stop it. We weren't in the league for half of it, & were a shambles the first couple of years we were, so it honestly wouldn't wind me up any more than losing any other title, although I might be alone in that thinking.

As for Braga, i don't rate our chances. That was by far the best team we have played this season, and we somehow shocked them in a 15min spell. The way we're defending we'll concede, & we are struggling with our forward play as well. Still, they might surprise me.

I thought they were really good too, but you made them look good because, as you say, you were shit most of the game. As for 9, when you win it we under the Kelly's et Al weren't there in the first five of your titles. We hardly finished second aswe had fuck all money and actually played a couple of guys who played for the Army. Dark fucking days.

I won't wish you good luck tonight, because you know that would be me lying. A couple of my pals are going, so I will hope apart from the game, they have a good time, the ****s. :)
b
I've been to about 13 away games and won only two and still had a great time every trip. And that was during Martin Oniels time. Beat every **** at home but couldn't buy a win away, as you no doubt remember.

I have been to Portugal twice, Porto and Benfica and the lager Superbok was great and four points cost the same as one in Lyon. Happy days. Takes the edge off getting handed your arse if you can get drunk without selling a kidney.

If you get out out and lose to Hearts on Sunday do you think Gerrard will walk? I don't think you will sack him as that would cost too much but he might go. He has a worse win rate than all of your managers since you came back up, which is hard to believe as you are better, which again points to what every winning team needs, mentality to win out with big games. Its no good raising your game against us to lose to the diddy teams. Us playing shite a couple of games against you had you all thinking that was it. But I did say to you that I thought we would still win it as we would regain form. Its turned out that way as we have win all our games and the change of formation we needed to adopt with Griff and Eddy has taken us up a level. Julien, Frimpong, Hatem and Taylor have all improved us defensively too. Hence not losing away from home. We still need another CB as Ajer has been ropey as fuck but there isn't anybody to step in. Thank you Lawell. It always amuses me when your mib go on about how much you hate him. He's your ace in the hole. There isn't a bear alive who wants that **** out more than me. Not one. If we got a guy with a pair of balls in you would be choking in our dust. All I'm saying is be careful what you wish for. Lenny's appointment a case in point too. I was dubious as I thought he would be Lawells pupoet. My best mates a bluenose but he said at the time he was not buying into lenny getting the job you win. His assessment has been borne out and I was shown to be wrong. We are better under lenny than we ever were under Rogers. That's totally down to Rogers bought nothing but prick defenders. Every single one was a fucking twat. That's the reason I never gave a single fuck when he left. Not one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.