Celtic Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was told at weekend because of your results last week. Your Coefficient moved you up and now two CL spots.

If we win on Thursday I think that's secured. I can't see Rangers getting a result though, but us winning will seal that. We have improved defensively as well as scoring and winning away. Our defence of old was fucking shambolic and having improved that we are doing well. We are playing really well after playing like pricks against rangers in December, where the put in the most cowardly and inept performance I have ever seen and that's saying something. The players knew they made a total **** of it and to their credit have stood up and being counted since. One other benefit is we might have less qualifying games. That would be great.

If we win on Thursday I think that's secured. I can't see Rangers getting a result though, but us winning will seal that. We have improved defensively as well as scoring and winning away. Our defence of old was fucking shambolic and having improved that we are doing well. We are playing really well after playing like pricks against rangers in December, where the put in the most cowardly and inept performance I have ever seen and that's saying something. The players knew they made a total **** of it and to their credit have stood up and being counted since. One other benefit is we might have less qualifying games. That would be great.
The less qualifying games is bigger than an extra club.

The less qualifying games is bigger than an extra club.

You know Benny I never really bothered about the four games. The reason is twofold. Without CL qualifying we play friendlies to get match fit, so competitive games that matter does that. It also generates us money. As you know, pre season friendlies are gash. Very low crowds and boring. We made about £10m between good crowds and TV money. If your team is equipped to negotiate these rounds it quickens the process of getting up to speed.
The problem to me isn't four rounds, it's having the squad in to be able to win the final game. We totally fucked up against Cluj, although we would have faced Legia and at that time they would have beat us as we hadn't our defence sorted so we wouldn't have made it anyway imo.

This year we will be better and if that cheapskate fucker Lawell finds the tin he hid, and spends on another CB and sadly probably a replacement for Eddy I would be confident of qualifying.

How are you feeling about Sunday, do you think you can knock them out?

Last edited:
Im not sure how much tooling up you can really do to be honest. Not because of the money situation, but because there's a limit to the type of player that a team in our league can attract.

I heard an interview with a Dutch football expert, talking about the millions that Ajax are sitting on, because of the big money they can get for the likes of De Jong, De Ligt, Ziyech etc. Now, that of course is part of their philosophy, but there's also the fact they struggle to attract players to the Dutch League.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather be in your situation finance wise, than what we are. As you rightly point out, we are still hamstrung by Ashley & Co. As much as it must amuse you guys, i find it amazing that someone can hamstring a clubs recovery so much because he had stooges in place when bogus contracts were agreed. You couldn't have picked a worst set of circumstances if Celtic hand picked him yourselves.

To be honest, it's still not entirely clear what's going on. No doubt you guys will have much more knowledge than Rangers fans to what's going on.

As for the loans, as far as I'm aware, the loans from the likes of King, Park etc has or will be turned into more shares, so there's no real big debt to be paid. However, it seems now we might not be able to do that going forward so we need to start getting player trading at a positive, as it seems without making profit from transfers, from what I can tell without Champions League both Celtic & Rangers run at a loss currently.

The information is there. Here is a synopsis of what is going on. And where you will be going forward under FFP.

You know Benny I never really bothered about the four games. The reason is twofold. Without CL qualifying we play friendlies to get match fit, so competitive games that matter does that. It also generates us money. As you know, pre season friendlies are gash. Very low crowds and boring. We made about £10m between good crowds and TV money. If your team is equipped to negotiate these rounds it quickens the process of getting up to speed.
The problem to me isn't four rounds, it's having the squad in to be able to win the final game. We totally fucked up against Cluj, although we would have faced Legia and at that time they would have beat us as we hadn't our defence sorted so we wouldn't have made it anyway imo.

This year we will be better and if that cheapskate fucker Lawell finds the tin he hid, and spends on another CB and sadly probably a replacement for Eddy I would be confident of qualifying.

How are you feeling about Sunday, do you think you can knock them out?
Not really.Not kicked on since the last win.
Struggling big time.

Not really.Not kicked on since the last win.
Struggling big time.

I know. A one off game though you never know. You shouldn't have a hope, but, the thing is you can lift your game, which must drive you mental. Beating them at home then losing to teams well below that. I still hope you survive and we lose teams with shit plastic pitches. Our league needs our bigger clubs. Good luck both on Sunday and more importantly staying up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.