Celtic Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can ripping up a stoneclad legal agreement be good for you? Arrogance and playing to the gallery ,isn't great leadership. No matter how much you needed rid of Ashley he is a pro at protecting his interests..

If the objective was to stop money going into his pockets, they have done the opposite, he will get his money. And more. The other company have a case for breach of contract too.

Another aspect of this is what other company will trust you to honour agreements when you foolishly tore up one that was watertight?

Being so fixated on stopping us has put you behind the 8 ball. It is totally unsustainable with your actual turnover. I like boards to take risks, but they have to be measured. King has been anything but. I have never bought into the mantra that you are going bust again, that won't happen, unless of course, a measured fiscally viable model isnt introduced very soon.

Have you ever heard the saying Dennis Healy used when talking about Britain's debt and our relationshio with the IMF?

When you're in a hole, stop digging..

Stop digging or you will be back in serious bother. There very well may be a collapsing pack of cards, as King taunted Celtic with, but it will be at Edmonston Drive.

Another nail could be football playing behind closed doors. How do you cope with that scenario? If that happens and you don't have cashflow because you are paying out more than you can afford, as you currently are, uefa will see that as breaching FFP eventually and endless share deals won't be allowed.

You are like an ice skater on a newly frozen pond, that decided to stick a washing machine on his back and think everything would be fine.

I totally get the emotional drive to stop us, but at what cost would be my main concern. No club? Going into admin again? Losing a no win legal farce costing additional millions? Diluting the value of shares year on year? And so far, all for the square root of fuck all. You seem like a guy with a brain in his head, how do you think your club should proceed? I'm asking you because my best pal, cut him in two and its your crest, also with a brain in his head, is getting increasingly worried especially since the collapse. He thought it was in the bag and CL money would save the day. It won't happen now and the harsh reality has resulted in the baldy big prick looking haunted whenever we discuss it. He knows the current game is up or things could really go south.

To be honest, I don't think that we've put everything we have just purely on the objective of stopping the 9 or the 10. When King took over, he always said that due to the neglect of investment in the recent past in the club, ie the stadium, squad, youth development, scouting etc, investment would need to front loaded and run at losses for the first few years to get us back to being competitive, and they would absorb those losses, which they have done.

Now, the major fly in the ointment of all that has been the retail deal. They were perfectly within their rights to look for a new deal, but I've got no idea why they went all the lengths to agree a new deal with Sports Direct a few year back just to ignore the matching clause that was introduced at the time. We've had no explanation of the thinking behind it, was it strategic that seems to have backfired massively, was it ignorance, incompetence, arrogance?! Who knows.

Where that leaves us going forward I don't know. Do I want us to put the club at risk to stop 10 in a row, hell no, numbers like that aren't that important to me when we weren't around for half them. I'd rather we built to some sort of strategy beyond the 10, & if that includes taking 1 step back to take 2 forwards I'm ok with that.

The problem of course, & you know yourself because we have them on both sides, is that many Old Firm fans are win at all costs, sense goes out the window. I just hope the board aren't stupid enough to get dragged further into that. I'd rather they traded smartly than trying to get dragged into a 1 season transfer window shootout with Celtic who could use 2 pistols against our knife.

To be honest, I don't think that we've put everything we have just purely on the objective of stopping the 9 or the 10. When King took over, he always said that due to the neglect of investment in the recent past in the club, ie the stadium, squad, youth development, scouting etc, investment would need to front loaded and run at losses for the first few years to get us back to being competitive, and they would absorb those losses, which they have done.

Now, the major fly in the ointment of all that has been the retail deal. They were perfectly within their rights to look for a new deal, but I've got no idea why they went all the lengths to agree a new deal with Sports Direct a few year back just to ignore the matching clause that was introduced at the time. We've had no explanation of the thinking behind it, was it strategic that seems to have backfired massively, was it ignorance, incompetence, arrogance?! Who knows.

Where that leaves us going forward I don't know. Do I want us to put the club at risk to stop 10 in a row, hell no, numbers like that aren't that important to me when we weren't around for half them. I'd rather we built to some sort of strategy beyond the 10, & if that includes taking 1 step back to take 2 forwards I'm ok with that.

The problem of course, & you know yourself because we have them on both sides, is that many Old Firm fans are win at all costs, sense goes out the window. I just hope the board aren't stupid enough to get dragged further into that. I'd rather they traded smartly than trying to get dragged into a 1 season transfer window shootout with Celtic who could use 2 pistols against our knife.
Enjoyed that and you're bang on, neither clubs needs to look far for bams who don't realise what potential.consequences are. But are the first to lose the plot when what they actually wanted goes tits up. Some fucks Ng city we come from. :)

People dying, job losses, businesses going bust , yet Lennon demanding Celtic be awarded the league title. What a classless fud.

Lennon and carragher the 2 most vile disgusting scum in football only interest is to get their grubby hands on trophies they have not won

We don't want to be awarded the fucking league. This has saved Slippy's arse, if it was my call we would delay then win it by more than 13 fucking points. Rangers are total shit and just read any rangers board and you will see they agree. Fucking joke saying they would still win it. The most deluded ****s on the planet.

We don't want to be awarded the fucking league. This has saved Slippy's arse, if it was my call we would delay then win it by more than 13 fucking points. Rangers are total shit and just read any rangers board and you will see they agree. Fucking joke saying they would still win it. The most deluded ****s on the planet.
My post was not about what you want it was aimed at that vile shit who manages you. A story that is still on Sky App this morning. On another note any forecast on when Browns leg will drop off lol

My post was not about what you want it was aimed at that vile shit who manages you. A story that is still on Sky App this morning. On another note any forecast on when Browns leg will drop off lol
What did you expect him to say. We are 13 points clear there's only 8 games to go but let's void it? If Rangers were in the same position they would claim it and their fucking pals in the press up here would be right behind them. As for Brown, people have been claiming he was finished for years. Wishful fucking thinking, but rangers fans have that down to a fine art. Fucking world.class.

They thought they had won it halfway through after a terrible performance from us at home in December. Since then we have been brilliant and they fucking shat it. The pain caused by awarding themselves the league is fucking hysterical in every way. They are utter shit and unfortunately for them no **** ever has won a league at the halfway stage.. They did win the We Beat Celtic Cup, though, and that's all they are going to win for a long time. This situation is a ****. Another problem they have is the loss of income when they were already £12m short of breaking even.. we can wait it out if they want. We have the money. I would welcome that. For reasons that should be evident.

What did you expect him to say. We are 13 points clear there's only 8 games to go but let's void it? If Rangers were in the same position they would claim it and their fucking pals in the press up here would be right behind them. As for Brown, people have been claiming he was finished for years. Wishful fucking thinking, but rangers fans have that down to a fine art. Fucking world.class.

They thought they had won it halfway through after a terrible performance from us at home in December. Since then we have been brilliant and they fucking shat it. The pain caused by awarding themselves the league is fucking hysterical in every way. They are utter shit and unfortunately for them no **** ever has won a league at the halfway stage.. They did win the We Beat Celtic Cup, though, and that's all they are going to win for a long time. This situation is a ****. Another problem they have is the loss of income when they were already £12m short of breaking even.. we can wait it out if they want. We have the money. I would welcome that. For reasons that should be evident.
Perhaps Sevco and the rags should have a playoff for the "We Won Our Derby Against A Better Team" trophy!

Both Celtic and Rangers need to understand that nobody cares what they want, and in the likelihood that they don't get what they want nobody will care about that either.

Perhaps Sevco and the rags should have a playoff for the "We Won Our Derby Against A Better Team" trophy!
Exactly, if they were 13 points ahead you wouldn't hear a fucking peep from Sevconians. Its only because they have shat it yet again, shown to all their fans they don't have what it takes. Don't believe me? Go onto Follow Follow and read how they rate their team.. words like, shitebags, bottle merchants, cowards, pussies are in nearly every post. Most conceded the league was over after they lost at home to Hamilton, now they are claiming they could still win it.

Utter fucking bollocks. They are all taking a leaf out of that deluded **** Trump's book. Deny and delude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.