Celtic thread 2020/21

I am.well aware he would never be considered by an English club yet. I just hope he can do well enough that maybe a Southampton or some other useless cunts would take a punt. Sad day when a club with a stadium.the size of my sock drawer and a fan base that could inside is a step up because of the league we are in.

Yeah I can see Southampton potentially being at the high end of his range.

Remains to be seen. A lot will depend of course on Celtic's admin and management support (I believe you still operate without a DoF?). He'll face the kind of pressure and scrutiny he's never operated under before in a two team football mad city if he's signed. That in itself is a sink or swim test.

Lol. I take you're not handling the news about being linked with Ange Postecoglou too well.

You shouldn't have anything to worry about. This guy is an excellent manager - plays great football and knows how to win, real class. Levels above Slippy G. Destined for the Premier League at some stage IMO. Personally I wanted him to become an assistant to Pep after Arteta left, given our links to Yokohama.

Don't be twats, get behind him if he's your manager. You'll be singing his praises if and when he delivers you success, should he be confirmed. That he's an Aussie (Greek background, born there too) means nothing and shouldn't deter anyone.

Great football & Scottish Football don't really go well together. Place like Dingwall & Perth & Livingston don't really create the circumstance for it. It's win, at win at all costs, because if he doesn't start off well, & I'm talking about the first dozen or so games, the knives will be out. He won't get the grace that a more high profile appointment like Howe will because he's already on the back foot with the support.

Great football & Scottish Football don't really go well together. Place like Dingwall & Perth & Livingston don't really create the circumstance for it. It's win, at win at all costs, because if he doesn't start off well, & I'm talking about the first dozen or so games, the knives will be out. He won't get the grace that a more high profile appointment like Howe will because he's already on the back foot with the support.
I'm talking about the first dozen minutes, not games. He has 14 players to bring in. Has to quarantine for 10 days so won't even be here for another two weeks at least. Hasn't a UEFA license, never managed outside Asia. Gets into barney's with the press......But apart from.all that it's a masterstroke. Thank fuck I have my spanners to keep me happy.

Fascinating thread on Kerrydale Street (Celtic Forum) about how Postecoglou is but the latest part of a CFG ploy to trap Celtic in its orbit. Some top class conspiracy theories being spun out that make me question the claims that minimum alcohol pricing is having a positive effect in Scotland.
That’s mad. Celtic have done very well out of the recent links between the clubs. Guidetti, Denayer, Roberts, Boyata, Frimpong and Ntcham have all done well for them to various degrees, all title winners I think and they’ve made a few quid out of it as well. I also think it was our scouts who tipped them off to Biton and Edouard

That’s mad. Celtic have done very well out of the recent links between the clubs. Guidetti, Denayer, Roberts, Boyata, Frimpong and Ntcham have all done well for them to various degrees, all title winners I think and they’ve made a few quid out of it as well. I also think it was our scouts who tipped them off to Biton and Edouard
You might think that but no, we’ve apparently been dumping our dross on them, and this is the second manager we’ve forced on them.

You might think that but no, we’ve apparently been dumping our dross on them, and this is the second manager we’ve forced on them.
Eh? Madness. The tidy profit on Frimpong alone probably kept Celtic able to pay the bills this year. Who was the first manager we supposedly ‘forced’ on them?

Was just about to come on and post what’s been discussed above.

Celtic support seem to think they are getting the City Football Group’s shit foisted upon them.

Deila and then Postecoglou.

Not happy at all are the Celtic fans.

As @Squidward points out, Deila. He happens to be at New York City now as part of CFG’s dastardly plan to dominate world football...
Hahaha he had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with City before or immediately after his time at Celtic. He only joined a CFG club last year when he took over at NYCFC.
If they think City had anything to do with him being appointed Celtic manager then they are certifiably insane.
And for a ‘shit manager’ he won them two league titles and a cup in his two seasons.
Madness.

Hahaha he had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with City before or immediately after his time at Celtic. He only joined a CFG club last year when he took over at NYCFC.
If they think City had anything to do with him being appointed Celtic manager then they are certifiably insane.
And for a ‘shit manager’ he won them two league titles and a cup in his two seasons.
Madness.
So naive. ;-)
He was apparently covert, sent there as a sleeper. If we’d sent them Stuart Pearce, they might have had reason to grumble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.