Celtic thread 2020/21

After the initial shock, I have been looking into big Aussie Ange and I have to admit, I am warming to the ****. Bring it on and let's get fucking into this. Let's face it, he's a few steps up from Lenny and I like his style and attitude. D9nt get me wrong, I'm now thinking is this the latest thing our board will fuck up? It's absolutely possible. The Celtic board, Rangers ace in the hole.
I want to preface this with I haven't watched a full SPL game in ages, but what I do know a bit about is Ange, and I can see why your board has targeted him.

The way I see it Celtic for the most part will dominate games in the League and the the title will be decided by 4 or 5 results per year, but where the club has failed is when it gets to Europe, playing against technically equal or higher standard teams and generally Celtic hasn't had any joy.

What Ange offers is the ability to create a style that can compete and mostly win against sides technically equal or better. He did it with Socceroos in particular 2014 WC, go back and have a look at the actual players then and watch some of the games, 2015 Asian championship.

He then took a mid table Yokohama with a mid table budget and won the J League in his second season.

He did both playing an attacking pro active style. I'm not saying he's going to revolutionize the game but he is a decent coach.

I want to preface this with I haven't watched a full SPL game in ages, but what I do know a bit about is Ange, and I can see why your board has targeted him.

The way I see it Celtic for the most part will dominate games in the League and the the title will be decided by 4 or 5 results per year, but where the club has failed is when it gets to Europe, playing against technically equal or higher standard teams and generally Celtic hasn't had any joy.

What Ange offers is the ability to create a style that can compete and mostly win against sides technically equal or better. He did it with Socceroos in particular 2014 WC, go back and have a look at the actual players then and watch some of the games, 2015 Asian championship.

He then took a mid table Yokohama with a mid table budget and won the J League in his second season.

He did both playing an attacking pro active style. I'm not saying he's going to revolutionize the game but he is a decent coach.

The acid test for him, & for any Old Firm manager, is if he can go away from home & get consistency in results. If he can understand quick that going to the likes of Livingston, St Johnstone & Motherwell won't be about playing pretty attacking football, but finding ways to win against some physical, dogged teams, on some shitty surfaces in some poor weather, then that will be half the battle for him.

As much as the Old Firm games are the main test, in many ways the afore mentioned games are the games where leagues are won & lost. I can't remember to many performances where either side has went to these grounds & blew the opposition away. Its all about staying strong & grinding your way to victory. Took Gerrards Rangers team a couple of years to really get to grips with it. If he can get that aspect then the rest should fall into place.

Completely agree, the true test though ultimately will be out of his control, and that is time.

Being expected to get results instantly, and to be fair that's not unreasonable and maybe not reaching that. Will the board hold its nerve and back him?

We were progressing in Europe, the season before covid, we win our Europa group, with Lazio, Rennes and Cluj. Instead of consolidating that our recruitment was woeful and a tailspin ensued. He will need to be good at getting us to punch above our weight due to our relative lack of resources, but, good enough to beat clubs in our bracket. He does that and I'm becoming Australian.

Sadly for Celtic it is Thursday nights next season. And until they win the league, it's gonna happen all the time
"All the time" is a bold claim oh Soothhsaying Oracle. For example, now, we lost the league and are in the CL qualifiers, granted, we are probably awaiting the deivery of our arse early doors, but it's possible we will have two places for a while, so as our dear pals across the way, can also join in once we right the wrongs of last season. For it is written. I'm surprised you haven't had a vision that showed you.

"All the time" is a bold claim oh Soothhsaying Oracle. For example, now, we lost the league and are in the CL qualifiers, granted, we are probably awaiting the deivery of our arse early doors, but it's possible we will have two places for a while, so as our dear pals across the way, can also join in once we right the wrongs of last season. For it is written. I'm surprised you haven't had a vision that showed you.
I was just merely quoting an Undertones song...... got no idea about the goings on north of the border

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.