Central heating, 24/7 during winter ?

183sash

often been told by plumbers that its cheaper to leave the central heating on permanently in the winter as it costs less for the boiler to just keep topping up the heat once in a while rather than starting from scratch maybe a couple of times a day - but ive just read an article by martin lewis - the moneysaving expert - about saving money on fuel bills this winter , he said the opposite DONT leave it on all day - so who's right ? also is it worth me getting one if those wireless thermostats, and if so whats best (got a vaillant boiler)

183sash said:
often been told by plumbers that its cheaper to leave the central heating on permanently in the winter as it costs less for the boiler to just keep topping up the heat once in a while rather than starting from scratch maybe a couple of times a day - but ive just read an article by martin lewis - the moneysaving expert - about saving money on fuel bills this winter , he said the opposite DONT leave it on all day - so who's right ? also is it worth me getting one if those wireless thermostats, and if so whats best (got a vaillant boiler)

who in hell can afford heat in this day and age ?

i leave mine on low during the day now.

in the hope it doesnt have to work as hard to warm the house when everyone gets in.

only time will tell if this saves money.

i wouldnt have thought leaving it on all day is going to save money,my ch system reaches full temp very quick then shuts itself down for a short while,if your pipes are not insulated then get them done that does make a diference

Cheaper than your central heating

snuggie-man.jpg

Listen to Martin Lewis , he knows what he's talkin' about ......

he's a big City fan!

black mamba said:

he's a big City fan!

Is he???? Never liked him but may have to review my opinion of him!

We havent turned our heating on yet, extra layers and cups of tea and we are coping. We said we'll turn it on the first time it snows.

Godfather said:
black mamba said:

he's a big City fan!

Is he???? Never liked him but may have to review my opinion of him!

We havent turned our heating on yet, extra layers and cups of tea and we are coping. We said we'll turn it on the first time it snows.

Being born a few miles from Maine Road in 1972, he is a keen supporter of Manchester City.

from his wiki page

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.