Central Heating Won't Work

red 2 hats

Can anybody give me some advise, got a Worcester Greenstar 24i Combi boiler, I am still getting hot water, but the central heating won't come on.
I've checked the pressure and that's fine, I've tried upping the wall thermostat to maximum, the boiler is making all the right noises but it isn't sending water to the radiators, I'm getting grief from the Mrs coz it's freezing, is it something I can fix myself or professional help only, any idea of the cost, cheers.

Can anybody give me some advise, got a Worcester Greenstar 24i Combi boiler, I am still getting hot water, but the central heating won't come on.
I've checked the pressure and that's fine, I've tried upping the wall thermostat to maximum, the boiler is making all the right noises but it isn't sending water to the radiators, I'm getting grief from the Mrs coz it's freezing, is it something I can fix myself or professional help only, any idea of the cost, cheers.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? I'm being serious too. We have the same problem with ours after a summer of it not being used. The hot water works but the heating doesn't come on. I turn it off and then back on and it must reset something and it starts working again. This has happened for the past couple of years.

If you are getting hot water then it is not the pump. The pump is situated in side the boiler by the way.
It could be a fault with the PCB but it will more than likely be the 3 way diverter valve.
This can stick if not been used also when did you last get the system serviced? i.e. flush and cleaning/inhibitor fluid added to the CH side.

If you are getting hot water then it is not the pump. The pump is situated in side the boiler by the way.
It could be a fault with the PCB but it will more than likely be the 3 way diverter valve.
This can stick if not been used also when did you last get the system serviced? i.e. flush and cleaning/inhibitor fluid added to the CH side.

Hi mate, I've located the pump and gave it a gentle tap also put a screwdriver in and rotated the pump ( you tube video ) still no joy with the heating, last had it serviced 17 months ago and they put fernox in the system, monies tight at the minute, any idea how much to fix it ?

This can stick if not been used
also when did you last get the system serviced? i.e. flush and cleaning/inhibitor fluid added to the CH side.

As Mossy suggests, highly likely it's this mate, you used to get manual over-rides on diverter valves on many systems which used to help, but not so much these days, you'll likely have to call someone out if you're not mechanically minded, be around £80 for then part and then labour costs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.