Cesc fabregas

If you look at extended assists (last five touches before a goal) Fabregas was only third in the league last season, behind Hazard and, yes you've guessed it, Yaya. Silva, Aguero, Nasri and Milner were next in line.

Well that isn't a crime.

How many of his 18 assists were corners?

no, not at all, just pointing out it wasn't all open play brilliance. I've counted 8 corners and 2 free-kicks out of 22 assists in all comps on a youtube vid.

I do love him as a luxury player, but the problems we have in our midfield, it would have to be built around him and we have enough attacking mids, we need deep lying hardworking but immensely technical players, like Yaya passing with Fernandinho legs.

no, not at all, just pointing out it wasn't all open play brilliance. I've counted 8 corners and 2 free-kicks out of 22 assists in all comps on a youtube vid.

I do love him as a luxury player, but the problems we have in our midfield, it would have to be built around him and we have enough attacking mids, we need deep lying hardworking but immensely technical players, like Yaya passing with Fernandinho legs.

He probably would be a bit of a luxury at this point but Nasri won't be back for several weeks, KDB and Silva don't need overplaying and we need an alternative to Yaya now so that he also doesn't get overplayed and we don't get screwed if he is injured. I think Fabregas can cover the pivote role that Yaya plays for us, which Silva has singulalry failed step into; KDB might one day be ale to do it but I'm not sure he is ready for it.

He probably would be a bit of a luxury at this point but Nasri won't be back for several weeks, KDB and Silva don't need overplaying and we need an alternative to Yaya now so that he also doesn't get overplayed and we don't get screwed if he is injured. I think Fabregas can cover the pivote role that Yaya plays for us, which Silva has singulalry failed step into; KDB might one day be ale to do it but I'm not sure he is ready for it.

we need someone to step in for Yaya who's going to work harder than Yaya and move a bit more, Fabregas will just leave us with the same problems we currently have.

If Fabregas came I would expect him to play either in the hole or out wide like Nasri did (even if they're #10's). I don't know what you mean that Silva failed to step into the pivote role. He has never played that role. He drops back as did Nasri to help bring the ball up, but they aren't CM's. I'd think Cesc would also drop back to help take pressure off of Yaya and help play out when the opposition presses up high. To me that is our main concern. We aren't good enough when a team like Liverpool presses high and we get countered on. It doesn't matter if you have 2 hard working CM's like Dinho. They will end up on their back heels defending when the team is pressed in the midfield. You can lump it forward, but we have Aguero up top who is 5 foot nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.