CFG buy French club ESTAC Troyes | Promoted to Ligue 1

From France, there are reports about City Group buying a young highly rated brazilian forward of Flamengo, Lincoln. He would join Troyes and then prolly move up to Manchester City if he evolves positively.

I see the BBC in covering this story describe ADUG as the owners of City in the caption to the badge. The text rightly places us as owned by CFG.
Just can't get it right can they?

These clubs in CFG, do they do any well since they joined? Better than before?

Clearly the plan is not bankroll them to success.

They might benefit some low fee transfers/loans, maybe some input on sporting director level but for example the New York or Melbourne team are they getting stronger and stronger?
I followed the US team a bit they had star players earlier like Pirlo, Lampard, Villa but that finished a while ago and they dont even make the news anymore. We sent Torrent there who left a while ago...

Girona had some loans from City, they were even promoted than back to second league, tomorrow I think they play a playoff final for promotion.

Maffeo is in their squad who was sold to Stuttgart , how he ended up back there lol.

It looks we did not give anyone to them this season on loan. Maybe if they get promoted?

Different clubs have different goals because they are in different markets. So do not measure them in the same way . I think there are four reasons we buy clubs. Strength of league not just in terms of quality but financial governance Melbourne and NYC fall into this category a reason we did not go to china earlier was dodgy governance. Emerging markets China India added bonus if they produce players given the population size. Some are basically feeder teams / scouting hubs / development leagues French club, Girona and Uruguayan club fall into this category for now but in top flight in Spain and France would much more fall into a money making venture Category. Finally some I believe are about replicating the campus and thus creating a global and local sports version of Walt disney that connects global sports, music and entertainment and perhaps does some good in education and physical and mental well being with a local physical location and creates value through real estate investment and of course an income via the entertainment side. New York and Manchester being prime examples Melbourne could be another who knows how this will work in emerging markets. Not an expert but I do not think even in the larger and richer emerging markets people are spending a lot yet on concerts and entertainment with perhaps the exception of China but a lot of people in emerging markets follow Western culture specifically US and US Culture in terms of sport, entertainment, art, education etc So not sure you can create the City sports education entertainment version of Walt Disney land in Mumbai, Mexico, Brazil. which are more developed other emerging markets and we have a presence there or rumoured to about to have a presence. I do not know much about China or the city City are in I think its rather large and rich so I can image a lot of money is spent on entertainment etc but not sure if that is spent in the same way as in the west on concerts entertainment sport culture which I think is the root CFG are going or if its spent on food and shopping etc

Thread in french about CFG and Troyes:

With Troyes, the goal would be to have a foot in the french football market with its high pool of quality players and its renowned academy system, to develop City Football Group brand (a poster here Mumbai blue is fan of Mumbai City and MCFC, so it is working), to make the club a regular in L1.

Speaking of the french talents, it would allow Manchester City to get some young prospects into their academy. This is what happened with australian players Aaron Mooy (not a a young prospect) and Daniel Arzani who went from Melbourne to Manchester. It could be used to get some top youngsters to go to Manchester academy and be homegrown.

If the news about the brazilian forward is true, you could also use Troyes as a step between South America leagues and PL. Ligue 1 is well known for being physical and players from that league usually don't struggle too much in the PL afterwards.

Their concluding argument is that CFG goal is to develop an interclub brand all over the globe and for Mansour it can be used to strenghten the position of Abu Dhabi (the president of China went to Etihad stadium before the investment by the chinese group which is a proof of the political power of CFG) in the UAE federation.

Let's now go after a club either Poland, Ukraine or Brazil. Maybe in all 3 countries. Just so we can spread out get even wider.

How is it with clubs in same competition with same owners?

Could Troyes end up in CL in few years (or Girona), would their and our ties to CFG be a problem?

How is it with clubs in same competition with same owners?

Could Troyes end up in CL in few years (or Girona), would their and our ties to CFG be a problem?
Didn't seem to be an issue when Chelsea were drawn against CSKA.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.