Chairman's Interview 2018 - part 2 page 11

Great stuff again in part 2, the man just gets what it's all about and I loved his comments about remaining humble.

I still think back to 10 years ago when Khaldoon first spoke about the 10 year plan and the various phases. How many times do you hear that in football or other industries and it turns out to be a platitude that never comes to fruition?

These guys have backed up their words with action at every turn in an immensely professional manner and with tremendous dignity in the face of some very spiteful and unwarranted criticism at times.

It's been amazing to watch it all develop and we have so much more to look forward to!

At last, in one of Khaldoon's end of season interviews, a snippet or two via Chris, along with a carefully worded replay from Khaldoon.

It's happening quietly in the background, just like the CFA did.

Very happy. Can't wait.

Thank you Sheikh Mansour and Khalddon. And Chris.

Great stuff again in part 2, the man just gets what it's all about and I loved his comments about remaining humble.

I still think back to 10 years ago when Khaldoon first spoke about the 10 year plan and the various phases. How many times do you hear that in football or other industries and it turns out to be a platitude that never comes to fruition?

These guys have backed up their words with action at every turn in an immensely professional manner and with tremendous dignity in the face of some very spiteful and unwarranted criticism at times.

It's been amazing to watch it all develop and we have so much more to look forward to!
Yes, and "humble" stood out in that interview.

Great post.

I liked hearing about the NY academies and the kids coming through in Melbourne. And the Women's teams globally. It puts the CFG in a clearer context for me.....Unless I'm wrong and therefore more confused :-)

My take from what he was saying is that the CFG is not meant to be directly beneficial to MCFC (other than helping sell some global advertising opportunities). It's purpose is to become independently sustainable and ultimately profitable developing players and fanbases where markets exist in far off places. This makes more sense to me now. We are not the parent club ... we are just the inspiration for the name and colors.

So the guys in NY or Melbourne who don't really like MCFC should rest assured that they don't have to. No worries. We can all benefit independently (in blue ... with white shorts and blue socks though obviously).

Decisions taken last january re. what areas of the squad need strengthening. Now THAT is forward planning!
Laporte and Mahrez I think had been pinpointed since Jan. Obviously we got Laporte in Jan but it was reported that Laporte was a summer target brought forward. Fred was clearly the other one but we seem to have moved on. I love how on it the club is nowadays. We seem 2 steps ahead of everyone else in the league.

Yes, and "humble" stood out in that interview.

Is the word that stood out for me. These are the greatest days I've seen as a City fan in over fifty years. I'm jealous of what you new generation wil witness we will achieve from here. Always be humble as the Chairman said and not what the others project. C'mon City

I wonder if humble was a word he had prepared to use after hearing Pep on MNF. It was very well received that night.

2012...holistic
2018...humble
2024...h???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.