Champions League 19/20

City are favourites to win it.

City 4/1
Barcelona 11/2
Liverpool 7/1

I don't really feel like we should be because City have got a mental block like PSG with this competition.

But it should be wide open. The Spanish clubs look like they are in disarray. Ronaldo and Messi's eras are fast coming to an end. I think the strength of City's challenge will depend on how we do in the League. Can we spare resources from what is likely to be another intense Premier League campaign?

City 4/1
Barcelona 11/2
Liverpool 7/1

I don't really feel like we should be because City have got a mental block like PSG with this competition.

But it should be wide open. The Spanish clubs look like they are in disarray. Ronaldo and Messi's eras are fast coming to an end. I think the strength of City's challenge will depend on how we do in the League. Can we spare resources from what is likely to be another intense Premier League campaign?

Agree. Not 100% sure but I think that not since Mourinho’s Internazionale won it in 2010 has a team won it without having reached the final beforehand. We’ve made positive steps but only been in one semi-final, and while it’s maybe not a mental block, I’d suggest Liverpool are better placed to retain it than we are to win it. I say that by dint of the fact that our target is to win every game and thus all trophies whereas Liverpool might again restrict their focus. We would also have to be very fortunate with injuries to go the distance on both fronts, and the early weeks have shown that that is highly unlikely.

City 4/1
Barcelona 11/2
Liverpool 7/1

Surprises me that we're favourites, our record is bloody awful in the CL

I'd make us favourites this year purely because the away goals rule isn't involved. Means Pep's cautious approach in the knockouts won't cost us anywhere near as much.

City 4/1
Barcelona 11/2
Liverpool 7/1

I would say that poor refereeing decisions has been the reason for our stagnation in the competition, rather than a mental block.

I would say that poor refereeing decisions has been the reason for our stagnation in the competition, rather than a mental block.

Still though, there is more pressure on us than the likes of Liverpool, as we haven't won it yet as well as the ref situation, & we tend to give away an advantage

Even half decent defending would have seen us past Liverpool, Spurs & Monaco & we missed a pen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.