Champions League 2020/21

How many are tempted for a piss up in Greece if we're allowed to travel there
I've booked to go for 6 days. No expectation of getting into the ground, but looking forward to having a look around Athens - not been there before.

I can work from home so I can quarantine when I come back if it's needed (you don't have to currently), so unless I'd have to quarantine on arrival in Greece I'm quite keen to go. It's safer than being here at the minute!

Why have we named a 21 man squad and Dippers 24
It's either part of the conspiracy against us or we don't have enough home grown/club trained players over 21.

Foden and Garcia (and others) don't need to be named in that due to their age.

It's either part of the conspiracy against us or we don't have enough home grown/club trained players over 21.

Foden and Garcia (and others) don't need to be named in that due to their age.
Ah okay thanks. Just not seen this before where teams name different amount of players in a squad, rags have 25, Dippers 24 and us 21. But as you say could be all to do with this B team stuff and age.

Nothing to do with the rivalry. Ask any french fan or any L1 follower. OM is trash.

They finished second last year, yes, but they were starting to lose a lot of steam. Teams were catching up to them and then Covid happened and secured them the second place.

Add to that they didn't play a lot of games that season since they weren't qualified for any European cup and they were quickly out of domestic cups as well.

Now, take the same weak team and make them play every 3 days due to CL and it is a whole other story.

For the record, their last European adventure was hilarious :

They managed to finish last, only taking one point out of Apollon Limassol, a club we had never heard about before.

But well, their last CL adventure in 2013/2014 was something else :
RangÉquipePtsJGNPBpBcDiffRésultats (▼ dom., ► ext.)Drapeau de l'Allemagne'AllemagneDrapeau de l'Angleterre'AngleterreDrapeau de l'Italie'ItalieDrapeau de la France
1126402116+50-13-13-0
212640285+31-22-02-0
3126402109+12-12-03-2
406006514-91-21-21-2

They are one of the few clubs (i think the first) to finish with 0 point.

Lyon is definitely a better club in Europe, and overall, than OM post Tapie days. Lyon is also the only club in France that has managed to beat us or draw us regularly the last few years . In a good day for them and a bad day for you, it is understandable they could beat you. But OM is not the same. You'll be surprised how bad they are compared to OL.

People are talking about MU getting an hard group and maybe finishing third but PSG is a lot weaker than last year. I can't safely say we are going to win this group. It will be hard.

PS: that being said, OM has only one quality : being a counter attacking team. They cannot play, dictate the flow of a game. They are struggling a lot at home this season because of that reason : they are expected to attack and can't counterattack.
Seems like Marseille is following the trend.

It was so obvious they were going to finish last in that group !

I just didn't expect them to likely get 0 point again !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.