Champions League 2018/2019 (Shaktar Donetsk, Lyon, Hoffenheim)

What’s the score with Hoffenhiem ? The place looks Shite
Anywhere closer with good transport links ?
Is staying in Frankfurt the better option the ko is 6-55 so train back after is an option

About 7/8 of us are flying to frankfurt 7pm Monday evening, sorted a 20 seater coach with a german company from Frankfurt to the Hoffenheim Tuesday morning, all day and the game there then return to Frankfurt after the game. Should be back in Frakfurt for 10pm ish. Flight back to Man Wednesday 2:30pm

I would imagine that Hoffenheim will sell out, especially with it being relatively cheap to get to and a 2,250 allocation. Lyon, I think, will depend on the size of the allocation.
Both Hoffenheim and Lyon will sell out. I'd imagine both will go to less than 10k points because you have to be on the cup scheme to get first dibs. Both are nice draws, but not perfect. Hoff has travel issues (because it's a small, remote village). Lyon have a big hooligan element in their fan culture so that will put some people off.

Shaktar…. I'd be shocked if we sold 50 tickets! :P

With us not having a 'big' team to play against at home and a relatively (on paper) group, I think our home attendances for the group games will be low

I suspect you may be right! Shakhtar especially. No away fans and a team we have played before. Lyon will probably be a good atmosphere

The 8pm kick off puts me off. Means a train home an hour later than usual and I can’t be arsed with that. Driving is a mare for night matches. If I go to any it will be the Lyon game.

Prices will be £25-30 I reckon

About 7/8 of us are flying to frankfurt 7pm Monday evening, sorted a 20 seater coach with a german company from Frankfurt to the Hoffenheim Tuesday morning, all day and the game there then return to Frankfurt after the game. Should be back in Frakfurt for 10pm ish. Flight back to Man Wednesday 2:30pm
how much is the flight to frankfurt

Word of caution for people flying to Frankfurt.

Frankfurt am main is the airport is closest to the city. The other is frankfurt-hahn which is nowhere near frankfurt and has no train station. You'd be surprised the amount of people who fly to hahn thinking they are at the main airport. Including my sister I wasn't happy having to drive between two airports.

Also anyone who is thinking of making a few days of it I can recommend Heidelberg and I think about an hour from the stadium on the Tram

We fly to Frankfurt mon am and back on the 2-30 Ryanair flight wed 5/6 of us room for some more ?

Both Hoffenheim and Lyon will sell out. I'd imagine both will go to less than 10k points because you have to be on the cup scheme to get first dibs. Both are nice draws, but not perfect. Hoff has travel issues (because it's a small, remote village). Lyon have a big hooligan element in their fan culture so that will put some people off.

Shaktar…. I'd be shocked if we sold 50 tickets! :P

Me and my mates doing Shaktar so that's at least 4 haha

Anyone done Thomas Cook?

Can’t be arsed fighting for flights.

Still waiting to see if I can get a Week off for Hoff.

Probably missed the cheap seats.

Is Spike doing any flights?

Thomas cook are decent for in and out, just says coming soon on the website though.

Booked same flight. Not sure how we're getting to Franfurt yet tho :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.