Champions League 2020/21

Good lord we so we’re not gonna get Shakhtar?

Pot 2 looks just as strong at the Pot 1, so doesn’t really make much difference. Personally hope we get Juve after a few years of boring draws.

Manchester City are set to embark on our 10th-consecutive Champions League campaign this season.

WHEN AND WHERE?
The group stage draw for the 2020/21 campaign will take place on Thursday 1 October at the RTS Studios, Nyon from 4.00 pm. UK time (5.00 pm. CET)

WHICH POT ARE CITY IN?
The champions of the top six associations, according to the 2019/20 coefficients, are in pot one together with the holders of the Champions League and Europa League.

Seedings for remaining teams are determined by current club coefficients. The 26 teams given direct entry to the group stage are joined by the six winners of the play-off ties.

Pot 1: Bayern Munich (UEFA Champions League holders), Sevilla (UEFA Europa League holders), Real Madrid, Liverpool, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Zenit St Petersburg, FC Porto

Pot 2: Barcelona, Atlético Madrid, Manchester City, Manchester United, Shakhtar Donetsk, Borussia Dortmund, Chelsea, Ajax

Pot 3 or 4: RB Leipzig, Inter Milan, Lazio, Atalanta, Lokomotiv Moscow, Marseille, Club Brugge, Borussia Mönchengladbach, İstanbul Başakşehi, Rennes

Six further teams will qualify via the play-offs to be completed this Wednesday.

Out of pot one I would prefer either Zenit St. Petersburg or Porto. Then assuming that both Club Brugge and Rennes are in different pots. That is one draw I would be happy ☺ with.

Dinamo Kiev, Ferencvaros, Olympiakos has just qualified.
Kiev/Olympiakos Pot 3, Ferencvaros Pot 4.

Well I really hope we get lucky and get Zenit or Porto. That would kind of guarantee 1st place in group otherwise its 50/50 imo and in a group of death even 3rd place is a small possibility if things go bad.

And I want shit hard group for Liverpool, United, Chelsea...

Looks like some interesting groups could be formed, none of those previous years same old same old piled together ... for starters we won’t get Shaktar ... not till round of 16 at least ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.