Champions League Draw - 29th August '24 | Opponents (pg69) | Fixtures (pg128)

It sounds like bullsh1t to me. You play 8 games to eliminate only 8 teams out of 32?? I can imagine there will be all sorts of dead rubber the last two games and everyone is going to complain. Imagine if City, or any big club for that matter, are assured top 8 after 6 games. Would be tempted not even showing up!!

Under the old way, yes there are some dead rubbers in the group. However, you tend to get some real drama especially on the groups 6th and last game!!
I can't see how there will not be more meaningless games. What is the incentive for winning this mini league? Sounds like lots more boring matches than now. Straight knock-out games, perhaps with some seeding in the early stages, would be much better. The only plus I can see in the new format is we may get some interesting away trips at new grounds. Let's see how it pans out though.

I can't see how there will not be more meaningless games. What is the incentive for winning this mini league? Sounds like lots more boring matches than now. Straight knock-out games, perhaps with some seeding in the early stages, would be much better. The only plus I can see in the new format is we may get some interesting away trips at new grounds. Let's see how it pans out though.
Straight knockouts? Are you off your head? How do UEFA generate money from TV revenue with less games?

Finishing as high up the league as possible will ensure more games are competitive. After the initial phase and the play offs there is no draw as previously, teams will have a predetermined route to the final based on league positions, effectively winning the league means less tough knockout games.

It stated that in the rules posted I am not making it up. Go back and read it.

Not sure what you posted and can’t be arsed looking back through 200+ posts.

But if you’re saying there’s still a route dropping down into the Europa after first being in the Champions League, you’re wrong.

Unless you’re talking about the teams beaten in the qualifying and preliminary rounds, then yeah they still go in to Europa.

There’s no dropping into other comps. from now on.
My bad. I did read it under the influence.
Not sure what you posted and can’t be arsed looking back through 200+ posts.

But if you’re saying there’s still a route dropping down into the Europa after first being in the Champions League, you’re wrong.

Unless you’re talking about the teams beaten in the qualifying and preliminary rounds, then yeah they still go in to Europa.
hands up, I read it again, I don’t know what the fuck my brain did. It knew I wanted a parachute as we are ever so slightly odds on we ain’t progressing and heh presto, I read it that way.

What a week I’m having.

With 900 (computer balls) to Fcuk up what could possibly go wrong!
I'm calling it first, the live "draw" will fail?

Especially if somehow the SCUM manage to sneak in quietly

With 900 (computer balls) to Fcuk up what could possibly go wrong!
I'm calling it first, the live "draw" will fail?

Especially if somehow the SCUM manage to sneak in quietly
The thing about leaving a computer to do it is that if someone gets an easy or difficult draw, everyone will instantly say it's fixed. I guess everyone already does that too, but the less open and visible a draw is, the more accusations will happen.

The thing about leaving a computer to do it is that if someone gets an easy or difficult draw, everyone will instantly say it's fixed. I guess everyone already does that too, but the less open and visible a draw is, the more accusations will happen.
The conspiracy theories following this season’s draw will undoubtedly enter previously unseen levels of hysteria.
I’m not hugely into social media at the best of times but won’t be going anywhere near it for a few days after the computer generated extravaganza!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.