Champions League Final | Istanbul or could it be moved?

It’s going to happen anyway mate. The supporters clubs get a good share of tickets and loads of first timers would get them. I’ve absolutely no problem with the supporters clubs share of tickets but genuinely feel for a European final they shouldn’t get any. Points criteria, length in years of season card on or off cup schemes etc Should get first dibs if we make it there. Just my opinion.
If we get 20,000 tickets then I feel that is enough to satisfy the regulars, the supporters clubs, the corporates and the odd hanger on - and hopefully the likes of me that had a season ticket from aged 17 in 1980 through to aged 48 when I emigrated in 2011 and makes it over to 2 games a season (Covid seasons being the exception)
with the cost of travel / hotel being a little too much for a good number of fans.

I hope it stays in Istanbul and I hope the club doesn't put any free flights on.
It brings out all those who generally can't be arsed to schlep all over Europe during the qualifying campaign, but come out in their droves for a 'free' day trip.
They'll devour the 20k tickets that the club will get.
First European away as a final?
That's just not right.
Haha utter bullshit, I go to plenty of domestic aways, family life just doesn’t allow European aways at the min, so if we get to the final it will be my first and I won’t feel in any way guilty about that.

Been doing a bit of research in the night while suffering from a bit of insomnia!
It looks like there are pros and cons to it being here. The cons are the distance to get there obviously and how to get there. There is also issue of distances between the airport/stadium/centre. They all seem 20/25 mile away from each other In a dense city it looks like that could be a nightmare especially after the game at 1am.
Plus side though is that place is that big it looks like it can swallow up the demand quite easily and hotels are plenty and not too badly priced at all. Plenty of recent CL finals are a lock out for fans due to price / lack of hotel options.

I'll definitely be going to this if we get there and I can secure a ticket. If the club put on free flights it'll make getting a ticket far harder.

If we get 20,000 tickets then I feel that is enough to satisfy the regulars, the supporters clubs, the corporates and the odd hanger on - and hopefully the likes of me that had a season ticket from aged 17 in 1980 through to aged 48 when I emigrated in 2011 and makes it over to 2 games a season (Covid seasons being the exception)
with the cost of travel / hotel being a little too much for a good number of fans.

Hopefully.

I would normally have booked a City Break for the weekend a month or so back but am apprehensive this time.

The General Election in Turkey just before the match is the complicating factor. If the Government wins (under dubious circumstances) the opposition will kick off. If the Government loses and refuses to accept the outcome it will be worse.

This could get very nasty and I suspect that UEFA will pull the plug and move the match to somewhere ‘safe’.

Back in Portugal again?

What are the chances of this actually happening? I'm going wherever it is got a hotel booked already with free cancellation but not sorted flights yet as sure loads be put on yeah they'll be expensive but they already are so may as well wait

What are the chances of this actually happening? I'm going wherever it is got a hotel booked already with free cancellation but not sorted flights yet as sure loads be put on yeah they'll be expensive but they already are so may as well wait
If erdogan loses, which is probably 60/40 he will, he will be straight onto the trump playbook of not accepting the result. After losing the election in Istanbul he refused to accept the result and insisted there was
a further election, which amusingly he lost by a greater amount.

I’m in the same boat and I don’t know wether to take the risk or wait and see if the club do anything or if it gets moved.
You can get return flights Manchester - Istanbul direct at the minute for £450 ish which I don’t think is bad at all.

I’m in the same boat and I don’t know wether to take the risk or wait and see if the club do anything or if it gets moved.
You can get return flights Manchester - Istanbul direct at the minute for £450 ish which I don’t think is bad at all.
The prices will sky rocket if we get a good result in the first leg. They could reach a grand if we go through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.