Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

How are we feeling in the morning?
Emotionally drained. Not that we lost, but the waiting from yesterday morning, to the build up, to the team news and then the game itself. It was a very tiring day and that was just from home. Those who went, fuck me i can’t imagine. Especially the day trippers.
As for the loss, it happens. But this time next year we will have more silverware, smiles throughout the season and new signings. Might get us over the line in this comp, might not. We have been shown how hard it is to win it. Yes Pep surprised us but there were chances we could have scored two in the first half alone. That Mahrez hit in the last minutes. The absolute bottom line though is that Chelsea were simply better than us, and had it not been for Werner, they too could have scored a few.

Proud of the team. Proud we got there and it will not be a one off. We’ll get there again.

Today I’m happy. Tired and glad the season is gone, but happy with our haul.

Have a good day, Blues. These are brilliant times we live in as fans of this club.
X

The more I think about it the more I think Pep's second big mistake (after the team selection) was his first substitution. If he had just brought on Dinho for Sterling it would have allowed the team to slot into shape: Foden left, where he's played well with Zinny, Mahrez right, to interplay with Bernardo, Gundo freed up to run into the box.

Instead, by taking Bernardo off, we were left with a real misfit of a team.

Last edited:
I agree. It does not destroy the season and everything we did but it is a humiliation for Pep.

I remember the feeling of nervousness I had when I saw Pep's line-up. I knew we'd have problems. Imagine Chelsea in the dressing room. They must have had a huge surge in self-belief.

Pep is not stupid. He knows what Chelsea are. Somehow he will have rationalised this but I don't see how he did it. You have to question his managerial team. He must have discussed this with him. What was he trying to do? He must have thought that if we play a perfect possession game we can retain the ball and and have the extra creativity to break their defence down. Their must have been an offensive advantage to the defensive disadvantage. But it didn't work out.

He failed to identify in-game that the game was too high risk. So a double failure. A failure of planning, and a failure of game management.

It's so bad. But then we also had the season we had as a whole and you have to accept that maybe this is part of Pep.

I would not have another coach. I do hope he doesn't do himself damage over the Summer reflecting on this.
In ways it was reminiscent of the Lyon game. We saw the lineup and were uncomfortable right away. About 20 minutes into the game we knew, yeah, this is not going to go well. And just like that game, we did nothing to change it or realise it needed changing.

utter garbage , pep must think he is Harry fucking potter, , down to you that pep, worse than alan ball.

Pep overthought it again.
Nobody would have had Sterling in their starting 11, he has been so under par this season to see him start was a shock. And the fact he played for 76 mins means that Pep must have been watching something different to what we were all watching.
We lost the battle in the middle of the park with no Ferna or Rodri in there.
Zinchenko has done well at left back but is not a left back and was daydreaming for their goal.
If City are serious in trying to win this Competion then a Left back, Box to Box Midfielder, Another wide player and a Centre forward required for next season.
It has been a fantastic run to the final and to come up just short hurts but I am sure we will be back stronger next season.
Well below par against Chelsea in the previous 2 games against them (and for most of the season to be fair) so he plays him in the centre and drops a DM to do it! Just fuking genius.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.