Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Rare that I feel so unfazed and tranquil after a defeat. Especially such an emotional one. But I feel my thoughts might be worth sharing.

Congratulations to Chelsea, they were the better team and thoroughly deserve their medals. Kanté in particular was incredible.

It is an honour to see City playing in finals like today, racking up trophies as they have. Yes, it is possible that Pep’s lineup cost us. But let’s be honest here - Pep is the reason we were there at all. So I will never slag him off, he may have been wrong but he’s right so much more than any manager I’ve ever seen (at least at City).
I thought we didn’t turn up to the best of our ability and the players, and Pep, will have to look at themselves and see how they can improve individually and as a collective.

This isn’t our last chance to win it. We will compete every season. We will win it eventually. I am absolutely certain.

Heads up lads, we’re still champions of England once again. And them down the road have nowt. Next season we’ll be even better. CTID.

Absolutely garbage that tonight no fern or rodri in midfield absolutely baffling f’in garbage terrible management I can’t even breathe properly I’m that mad why does he mess about at key games like this ....furious

Inexcusable setup, starting with Gundogan in midfield against a team which likes to control the midfield is up there with some of the worst selection pep has ever made. To get it wrong 3 times against a team that you have played and lost twice in last 6 weeks is mind bobbling. You can start with the same line up against this Chelsea side for next 5 games and you'd be lucky to win one.

Gutted, losing a game is one thing but handing such an advantage simply sucks, oh pep.

I don't blame any of the players, they were simply asked to play in a system which was beyond them, this one really hurts

Although I see the anger aimed at pep for the DM call in reality there weren’t any stand out performances from any of the players. Cup finals are one offs and we have had a great season. Hope the players build on this and pep learns too
It’s the third time against Chelsea mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.