Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

You responded to my response to someone else saying pep out. Do me a favour and read carefully.

I reiterate no one should say pep out without justifying why. There’s some one here that just can’t wait to criticise every opportunity.

I didn’t agree with the selection and that debate is fine

You and Jill could explain your blueprint rather then just say pep out with no substance and then come up with that kind of answer when challenged

That's you saying I've said Pep out?

I think most of us feel that if we played the line up that won 23 on the bounce - Phil mostly out wide and gave it our best shot but lost, we could live with it. But we didn't and lost to a team that finished 19 points behind us - a colossally expensive team, but not a team on our regular winning level. That's the killer - we know we're a 19 points better team than them - the table doesn't lie.

I don't know what happened last night. But what I DO know :

* Raheem was poor

* Kev was poor

* Mahrez was poor

* We missed the "pivot" of Dinho or Rodri in the center, connecting defence to attack.

* Chelsea man-marked our forward midfielders, choking off space, causing mistakes and in doing so, lose possession.

* The gap where Dinho /Rodri should've been gave Chelsea too much counter-attacking space to run at.

* When one of our CB's moved up to try and defend the space (see above), we inadvertently created one-two opportunities for the Chelsea front men. That put our CB's under pressure.

If I was managing that, I'dve swapped out Mahrez for Dinho after 30 minutes, and brought Raheem infield, moved Kev left and moved Gundog up.

Hindsight eh?

Best team won on the night.

Gutted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.