Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As Eddie only saves 15% of penalties compared with 38% by Steffan, then we will need to keep him as our sixth sub if it stays level on 120 mins. We don't want a repetition of Gdansk.
Play both of them.
That gets us up to 53%.
Sorted.

The problem you have, and most other teams fans have, is that City do not play in a classic system that you recognise.
Strikers, midfielders, defenders.
We don't do that.... we play a holistic way (remember that getting laughed at in the Pellegrini days?)
We have the most players scoring goals into double figures than any other previous champion. Goals scored from everywhere.
We have one of the meanest defences in the league.
Your defense cannot target our striker, because we have 7 of them. Midfielders we have 10, defenders we have 8. And that isn't even mentioning the goalkeeper that has a bag of tricks like Paul Daniels.
City have rotated the players very intelligently (check our current injury list). If we change 9 players there will be a drop, but if we change 2 or 3 the change is negligible. Because, they play as a smaller inter-changable constituent part of a bigger machine.
Win or lose Man City will play our style. You may win playing your style (anything can happen in a one off game), but eventually, maybe 5 years from now, you will be playing the City way. The holistic way, that you, at the moment, can't comprehend.
We are the current under 18, Prem 2 and full Premier league champions 2021, your lessons will begin on Saturday night.
Yeah I understand what you're saying but that still doesn't take away the fact, that your team is dependent on Mahrez, Foden, KDB and Gundo to get all the goals. You can't tell me that you can replace Mahrez with Ferran and still be expected to perform at the same level. Chelsea can replace Werner with Havertz and we still have a great team, or we can replace Pulisic with Ziyech. Yes, you can occasionally have someone like Zinchenko come into midfield to replicate your "hollistic way" but that's not enough to hurt Chelsea FC.

I think the main point here is, that you don't have much options to bring on if some of your main players are not performing to their best ability in the final. Ferran Torres, Aguero, Gabriel Jesus just don't have the quality to hurt us.

No, Aguero’s got a really poor record against Chelsea.

Has he ever scored against you?

That's a funny comment. I think everybody at this point, can pinpoint the Man City starting 11 that would be starting the final. You guys have a drop in quality when it comes to attacking players on the bench. That's not to mention that Chelsea pretty much played their weakened teams the last 2 times we beat you. The fact that Ziyech and Alonso (the two players who scored winners against you) are likely not to start the final, goes to tell you a lot about this Chelsea team. We have a bigger room for change in our starting 11.
I think everyone at this point knows you will be wearing your kit under your suit Mr John Terry.

I think the main point here is, that you don't have much options to bring on if some of your main players are not performing to their best ability in the final. Ferran Torres, Aguero, Gabriel Jesus just don't have the quality to hurt us.

You played Willian in your front line for years. Judging by your posts, I don't think you'd know quality if it hit you in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.