Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a match at Maine Road when I was a kid, Utd played Atletico Bilbao there in a European Cup tie (because of what Uwe's grandad had done in the skies above O.T.) Age 8 or 9 I listened on the radio. I didn't mind Utd then and was even glad they won, coming back from a 5-3 deficit in the first leg to win 3-0, but I longed for City to have similar glory. And now here we are. City to win today. So let's not have these "well, we've come a long way since Gillingham" or "we won the league, that'll do" posts. City will win in style today. Dias and Stones strong in defence, Phil Foden, Kevin De Bruyne, Ilkay Gundogan, Riyad Mahrez and Bernardo playing flowing, beautiful football, Sergio, Jesus, & Raheem to come on for minutes in the second half, Fernandinho the captain (and the man) holding all the team together. Pep Guardiola knows City are the better team, knows what they can do, this is what he's prepared them for. This is the moment. So yes, come on, City, make the hopes I had as a little lad come true. And with the last year bringing so much pain and sadness and loss, win it for those who will only hear about it in our prayers to them. Today on a lovely sunny evening in Portugal Manchester City will win the European Cup.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.