Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

Take it to the Covid thread (not that I've ever seen you post on there but all of a sudden you're spouting off about infection rates, and death numbers on a football thread) and the Covid political thread ffs. Whatever one thinks of this government, there's no conspiracy theory behind Turkey going red. End of.

By the way, we may be 5th highest in number of deaths but we're further down the list in terms of number of deaths as a percentage of population, a barometer you were keen to use the other day but not so keen to use now. Oh, and our 7 day rolling death numbers as of yesterday was just 10 per day.
Again. The poster complained that the uncertainty of where the game was being played was not great and levelled the blame with UEFA. The uncertainty though is because Istanbul was put on the red list, otherwise it would be there. I don't see how you can argue against the fact the uncertainty has been caused by the government?

It's odd that you don't want me to discuss Covid or the government (when it's entirely relevant), but you have no problem doing so yourself.

I mean, you saying "end of" thinking that is how you debate something as an adult backs up my naïve point earlier.

The UK is in a good position now which is fantastic isn't it? I'm looking forward to going inside pubs and restaurants next week for the first time in months, and City a few days after for the first time in well over a year.

Still, 5th most deaths in the world. The latest 7 day figures will be of great comfort to the families of the 128k people that have died. End of.

I wonder what's in this for Portugal for them to agree to host this? If the UK weren't willing to welcome the thousands of UEFA representatives and sponsors flying in from wherever without quarantine, why would Portugal? They look to be doing well with COVID at the moment with only several hundred new cases per day.
Hmmm! Just a few million Euros for the Portuguese govt., there still short of a few bob down there. Also, some prestige.

Flight from VLC to Madrid Fri night. Stay in hotel at Madrid airport.

Madrid to Porto Sat morning 7am

Porto to Madrid Sun evening. Stay in hotel at Madrid.

Madrid to VLC 3pm ish on the Monday.

Flights 97e return. My accom in Porto is free :)

Again. The poster complained that the uncertainty of where the game was being played was not great and levelled the blame with UEFA. The uncertainty though is because Istanbul was put on the red list, otherwise it would be there. I don't see how you can argue against the fact the uncertainty has been caused by the government?

It's odd that you don't want me to discuss Covid or the government (when it's entirely relevant), but you have no problem doing so yourself.

I mean, you saying "end of" thinking that is how you debate something as an adult backs up my naïve point earlier.

The UK is in a good position now which is fantastic isn't it? I'm looking forward to going inside pubs and restaurants next week for the first time in months, and City a few days after for the first time in well over a year.

Still, 5th most deaths in the world. The latest 7 day figures will be of great comfort to the families of the 128k people that have died. End of.
Just give it up ffs. It's already been explained to you by another poster why Turkey is on the red list yet you still think it's a personal attack on you.

I won't entertain that last line because that wasn't my fucking point. That's just you using deflection tactics.

There is another issue Turkey has. Turkish airlines is a big hub and spoke operator, so a lot of people fly to Istanbul as a holdover before flying into Europe. Part of the thinking is that variants can flair up there.
It is a similar issue to the one the UAE has (Etihad and Emirates). the UAE has fantastic vaccination rates (44% better than ours), but it is still red for that reason.

Whatever you think of the government, imho UEFA have been asleep at the wheel.. After the first legs it was probable that the final would be all-English. An organisation that is used to dealing with national authorities should not have been caught on the hop.
There is some justification to that, but Germany (Lufthansa), France (Air France), and Netherlands (KLM) should all be red on the same basis. So it's inconsistent at best.

Transiting flights should not be an issue if quarantining is correctly enforced.

But beyond that, it's speculation because the decision hasn't been explained at any stage by the government.

FWIW, the governement make decisions based on the health of the population and not on people getting to the CL final..some good posts made on both sides of the argument, but no point getting too frustrated as we can not change things..yes, it is upsetting for all sports fans but the biggest frustration for us is not knowing what is happening and as a consequence being unable to plan accordingly..take my hat off to the guys making plans to cover all options..true Blues.

Flight from VLC to Madrid Fri night. Stay in hotel at Madrid airport.

Madrid to Porto Sat morning 7am

Porto to Madrid Sun evening. Stay in hotel at Madrid.

Madrid to VLC 3pm ish on the Monday.

Flights 97e return. My accom in Porto is free :)
Seems straight forward enough!
I'm going to plan a few different routes/options and then go for it once confirmed (location and approval from wife!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.