Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

There have been several finals when the competing teams were from the same country and the game was played abroad. Chelsea v rags in Moscow, Juve v Milan at the swamp, Real Madrid v Valencia (in France?) and Real v Atletico in Milan. And there was the nonsense of Chelsea v Arsenal 6,000 miles away in Baku in the Europa final a few years ago.
The only fans UEFA give a stuff about are those who watch on telly. They also care about spreading the UEFA brand to grounds in obscure UEFA member nations. Prestigious finals can mean votes, and cynics might say bribes.
Covid changed things last season and should change things this season, but it will be a long way down on UEFA's priority list. I'd like to think all those MPs who were so vocal about the super league will be demanding UEFA shift the game to somewhere local; Hampden would be my choice as I've never been there, but I doubt they will.
The situation could be even sillier if Arsenal qualify so they and the rags also have to travel abroad for the Thursday League final.

Common sense in these Covid times should dictate as it’s two English Clubs the Final should be moved to ENGLAND. It can’t be played at Wembley because it’s already booked for the playoffs that weekend.
Move it to Anfield so the Scousers can then smash both team buses up

The high-end hookers will have already pre-booked their hotel tickets, so the UEFA family can relax after the match.

If UK govt place Turkey in red zone for travel = a 10-day stay in hotel on retun and pre-departure testing and and two PCR tests that will push it too far for many fans should 4000 tickets be allocated. But we know football fans will pay the extra and travel, get into debt......UEFA know this as well and could not give fuck. 8000 -10,000 travelling from UK to a country in full lockdown? If they really cared this game woul be changed to a UK venue even if no world wide covid pandemic. THE PEOPLE RUNNING FOOTBALL DO NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT US THE FANS WHO MAKE FOOTBALL WHAT IT IS - SIMPLE.

Champions league finals are never for the fans. How many fans get to go? The stadiums are taken up by corporate sales.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.