Champions League Final | Travel Requirements + COVID Tests

From the club
MANCHESTER CITY - 2021 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL, PORTO IMPORTANT TRAVEL INFORMATION
When will I receive my travel documents?
Your travel e-Ticket and further information will be sent to you by email by Thursday 27th May at the latest. Should you not have received the email by then, please check your junk folder.
What are the COVID-19 requirements to travel to Portugal?
Portugal has been placed on the UK Government’s green list. Whilst the key information has been summarised on the Manchester City website here, supporters are asked to visit the official government website to ensure they fully understand the requirements in place for international travel from the UK.
It is important you complete the COVID-19 requirements as stipulated by the UK and Portuguese governments prior to departure. Travel will be refused unless you meet the criteria for both countries. Passengers that return to the UK without the correct paperwork will be issued with a fine of up to £2,500.
Please note: You are required by the airline and airport to wear a face mask at all times (unless eating or drinking).
What documents do I need to have available to show at Check-in?
We recommend you print the following documents and carry them with you at all times. These documents are required for both arrival and departure check-ins and entering the stadium:
1. Printed confirmation of a Negative private PCR Test – negative PCR COVID-19 tests taken in the UK from 1pm onwards on Thursday 27th May can be used for entry into Portugal, the stadium and return travel back to England for supporters on the Club’s official day trip travel package.
2. Completed and printed Portugal Locator Card*
3. Completed and printed UK Passenger Locator Form**
4. Printed booking receipt of your Day 2 private PCR test
*Portugal Locator Card:
• Flight Seat Number: you will need to enter your seat number as stated on your e-Ticket, which you will
be sent by email no later than 27th May 2021.
• Address in Portugal: Estádio do Dragão, 4350-415, Porto
** UK Passenger Locator Form: to complete this form you will need your PCR booking number for your Day 2 PCR test when you return to the UK.
You will also be required to present a valid passport for travel to Portugal (your passport must have at least 6 months left on it and be less than 10 years old). In addition, the passport details must match the passenger information you submitted during the booking process.

Do I need travel Insurance?
In light of all the uncertainties relating to travel and COVID-19, we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance to cover you for your trip.
Can I swap flights to travel with my friends?
Flights are allocated upon booking. Customers that have booked as a group (max. 6 per booking) will travel together in the same aircraft. Unfortunately, customers will not be able to change the aircraft they are allocated to travel on.
How do I know where to check-in at Manchester Airport?
Check-in will take place in Terminal 1, check-in desks will open 3 hours prior to departure. Check-in will close 60 mins prior to departure. To find your check-in desk, please look for your flight number/airline on the screens in Departures.
How long is the flight time to Porto and will there be catering provided on the flight?
The flight to Porto will take approximately 2 hours and 20 mins. Yes, catering will be served on the flight.
What are the baggage restrictions – aircraft & stadium?
No baggage can be checked-in on the flight. Any hand luggage (ie. handbag/laptop sized bags) should be no larger than (55cm x 40cm x 20cm) with max. weight 5kgs. All liquids, aerosols and gels must be 100ml or less.
For Stadium bag restrictions, please refer to the MCFC website for further guidance.
When will I receive my match tickets?
For all match ticket queries, please refer to the MCFC website for further guidance.

From the club
MANCHESTER CITY - 2021 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL, PORTO IMPORTANT TRAVEL INFORMATION
When will I receive my travel documents?
Your travel e-Ticket and further information will be sent to you by email by Thursday 27th May at the latest. Should you not have received the email by then, please check your junk folder.
What are the COVID-19 requirements to travel to Portugal?
Portugal has been placed on the UK Government’s green list. Whilst the key information has been summarised on the Manchester City website here, supporters are asked to visit the official government website to ensure they fully understand the requirements in place for international travel from the UK.
It is important you complete the COVID-19 requirements as stipulated by the UK and Portuguese governments prior to departure. Travel will be refused unless you meet the criteria for both countries. Passengers that return to the UK without the correct paperwork will be issued with a fine of up to £2,500.
Please note: You are required by the airline and airport to wear a face mask at all times (unless eating or drinking).
What documents do I need to have available to show at Check-in?
We recommend you print the following documents and carry them with you at all times. These documents are required for both arrival and departure check-ins and entering the stadium:
1. Printed confirmation of a Negative private PCR Test – negative PCR COVID-19 tests taken in the UK from 1pm onwards on Thursday 27th May can be used for entry into Portugal, the stadium and return travel back to England for supporters on the Club’s official day trip travel package.
2. Completed and printed Portugal Locator Card*
3. Completed and printed UK Passenger Locator Form**
4. Printed booking receipt of your Day 2 private PCR test
*Portugal Locator Card:
• Flight Seat Number: you will need to enter your seat number as stated on your e-Ticket, which you will
be sent by email no later than 27th May 2021.
• Address in Portugal: Estádio do Dragão, 4350-415, Porto
** UK Passenger Locator Form: to complete this form you will need your PCR booking number for your Day 2 PCR test when you return to the UK.
You will also be required to present a valid passport for travel to Portugal (your passport must have at least 6 months left on it and be less than 10 years old). In addition, the passport details must match the passenger information you submitted during the booking process.

Do I need travel Insurance?
In light of all the uncertainties relating to travel and COVID-19, we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance to cover you for your trip.
Can I swap flights to travel with my friends?
Flights are allocated upon booking. Customers that have booked as a group (max. 6 per booking) will travel together in the same aircraft. Unfortunately, customers will not be able to change the aircraft they are allocated to travel on.
How do I know where to check-in at Manchester Airport?
Check-in will take place in Terminal 1, check-in desks will open 3 hours prior to departure. Check-in will close 60 mins prior to departure. To find your check-in desk, please look for your flight number/airline on the screens in Departures.
How long is the flight time to Porto and will there be catering provided on the flight?
The flight to Porto will take approximately 2 hours and 20 mins. Yes, catering will be served on the flight.
What are the baggage restrictions – aircraft & stadium?
No baggage can be checked-in on the flight. Any hand luggage (ie. handbag/laptop sized bags) should be no larger than (55cm x 40cm x 20cm) with max. weight 5kgs. All liquids, aerosols and gels must be 100ml or less.
For Stadium bag restrictions, please refer to the MCFC website for further guidance.
When will I receive my match tickets?
For all match ticket queries, please refer to the MCFC website for further guidance.
Going to be fun trying to print off the Portugal passenger locator card for those of us booked on Spike’s trip as we won’t know our seat numbers until after we’ve checked in on Friday!

I thought I was ok as my passport has 11 months left and is less than 10 years old but as I renewed early (and 9 months extra validity was added) the additional months don’t count towards the 6 months remaining. This means my passport isn’t valid for travel to the EU after February 2021. Having to collect a new one in Liverpool on Thursday morning but I’m really worried as I can’t give new passport details to the club or the travel provider until then!

Might be worth checking if you renewed early about 10 years ago.

I thought I was ok as my passport has 11 months left and is less than 10 years old but as I renewed early (and 9 months extra validity was added) the additional months don’t count towards the 6 months remaining. This means my passport isn’t valid for travel to the EU after February 2021. Having to collect a new one in Liverpool on Thursday morning but I’m really worried as I can’t give new passport details to the club or the travel provider until then!

Might be worth checking if you renewed early about 10 years ago.
Give your old passport details and update Thursday ..

Ok, sorry if already on here but..i have a flight with the club going out at 9.15 on the Saturday & coming back 03.15 on the Sunday and i have a PCR test booked for the Thu at 10am - do i need to change this to after 1pm or not ? Any advice appreciated

Ok, sorry if already on here but..i have a flight with the club going out at 9.15 on the Saturday & coming back 03.15 on the Sunday and i have a PCR test booked for the Thu at 10am - do i need to change this to after 1pm or not ? Any advice appreciated

Nope, you don't need to change it.

Should be after 1pm so the club say

Out of sheer frustration I've booked the Blind Spot test. If we get a definitive (positive) answer to the '72 hours/3 day' conundrum I'll take it Thursday morning, if not, it'll be Friday and,if I don't get the results back in time, fuck it, I'll watch it on the telly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.