Champions League Games 14/15 September

Enjoyed the game tonight and thought Barca were not too bad. Obviously nowhere near what they used to be.
Thought Frenkie de Jong looks as good as ever- would be fantastic for us.
Thought Garcia not too bad given it was Bayern but why oh why turn his back from about 10 yards away from Muellers shot so that it goes in off his arse
They're a team in development at a club in potentially terminal decline.

I think we'll see an exodus of anyone decent over the next two windows.

They're a team in development at a club in potentially terminal decline.

I think we'll see an exodus of anyone decent over the next two windows.
Why did a team containing so many unknown academy players have Coutinho on the bench?

Has he fallen that far?

Nah I am, have just grown up in a house with a City-supporting mum and a United-supporting dad. My dad's a good red really - I think he's watched more City games and cheered more City goals in the last decade than United's, haha. He actually roared with delight when Mahrez scored that last goal against PSG at the Etihad last season. A lot of my best mates from years back are United fans and they've never been the types to moan about City, and they never really made fun of us pre-takeover. United annoy me, obviously, but I don't hate them. Guess it's just the people we spend most of our time with that affect how we see things.
My old fellow hated Liverpool more than the rags and he wasn’t keen on United. I think there are a good few Blues these days who think think the same way as my dad did.

Why did a team containing so many unknown academy players have Coutinho on the bench?

Has he fallen that far?

Myself and everyone I spoke to at the time thought that was a madness transfer and if Coutinho didn't score a screamer every 8/9 games for Liverpool he wouldn't have gone for half that price. Even so it's a bit weird how ineffectual he's been for them. Griezmann was one of the best players outside the traditional powerhouses but never looked up to much there. Then you have other expensive flops like Turan. Don't think it's purely down to the players, they seem to struggle with signings unless they're just too good to fail (Suarez).

I think Barcelona has to put Pique and especially Busquets to the bench. When Busquets left the game suddenly became so much faster because there was nobody doing those useless slow turns. Busquets just refuses to play long balls even tho his teammates are through. But they won‘t do that and still expect from Koeman to beat every team with their La Masia players who haven’t done anything yet.
Balde looks nice. Fast and strong in a 1vs1 it seems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.