Champions League Games 6/7 April

Bayern are comical team, how the hell they won the treble.

Keegan football at its finest.
You are so doing them a deservice with that comment, for one thing they win a lot of trophies without bottling it and if you are purely going off last night they were missing Lewandowski, with him they would have finished that tie.

Bayern - PSG reminded me of City - Spurs (2:2) in August 2019. The stats were very similar: we had 30 attempts at goal but scored just 2 goals, whereas Spurs had 3 attempts and 2 shots on target and scored 2 as well. Last night, Pochettino's luck struck again.

Akanji ran the whole length of the pitch and Bellingham had the freedom of our half first half, a better side would have thumped us with our lack of defensive transition, compactness and the errant passing on top of all that.

Weird how we’ve won every single match apart from 1 over the course of nearly 30 games without that really happening much - Beating United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, West Ham, Leicester, Spurs & Dortmund along the way.

You seem quite negative on the team for some reason despite our form wiping the floor with anyone else in Europe.

Weird how we’ve won every single match apart from 1 over the course of nearly 30 games without that really happening much - Beating United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, West Ham, Leicester, Spurs & Dortmund along the way.

You seem quite negative on the team for some reason despite our form wiping the floor with anyone else in Europe.
because the home derby and Tuesday showed us what happen when we don't turn up and play a team that can go back to front quickly, bypass the midfield and pick off our misplaced passing, individual errors and wasteful finishing.

Solskjaer opens the same playbook every time he turns up at the Etihad and it works pretty much every time. Dortmund showed its power again, the only difference is they don't have the quality across the side to execute it, hence there was too much for Bellingham to try and do on his own. The Rags could feed Penandes, Martial or Rashford and get out. Shaw ran the whole length of the pitch just like Akanji and the latter couldn't pass the ball 5 yards without nearly giving it away every time under any sort of pressure.

You think it's going to be any better when PSG/Bayern watch those tapes and execute a similar plan only feeding Mbappe/Neymar or Lewandowski/Muller?

Tuesday demonstrated every reason why we wouldn't win the CL. Pep and the team needs to show next week every reason why we can.

You are so doing them a deservice with that comment, for one thing they win a lot of trophies without bottling it and if you are purely going off last night they were missing Lewandowski, with him they would have finished that tie.
Bayern's defence and high line have been poor and vulnerable for quite abit of time, Mbappe was always gonna be their kryptonite. Even then, if Bayern were more clinical, would've probably killed PSG.

because the home derby and Tuesday showed us what happen when we don't turn up and play a team that can go back to front quickly, bypass the midfield and pick off our misplaced passing, individual errors and wasteful finishing.

Solskjaer opens the same playbook every time he turns up at the Etihad and it works pretty much every time. Dortmund showed its power again, the only difference is they don't have the quality across the side to execute it, hence there was too much for Bellingham to try and do on his own. The Rags could feed Penandes, Martial or Rashford and get out. Shaw ran the whole length of the pitch just like Akanji and the latter couldn't pass the ball 5 yards without nearly giving it away every time under any sort of pressure.

You think it's going to be any better when PSG/Bayern watch those tapes and execute a similar plan only feeding Mbappe/Neymar or Lewandowski/Muller?

Tuesday demonstrated every reason why we wouldn't win the CL. Pep and the team needs to show next week every reason why we can.

I guess Wednesday demonstrated why PSG or Bayern won’t win it then either.

In reality, City, PSG and Bayern have as good a chance as anyone else if not better.

Last edited:
Just watched the highlights, what a chaotic game. Some really suspect defending from both teams, some great skill as well. PSG look very good on the counter which I think is our Achilles heal. Bayern look like they try and play a combination of our style and Klopp’s so they would be more suited for us I think. But that’s counting chickens..., I just hope we don’t cock up the 2nd leg against Dortmund!

Bayern's defence and high line have been poor and vulnerable for quite abit of time, Mbappe was always gonna be their kryptonite. Even then, if Bayern were more clinical, would've probably killed PSG.
They are a team to be feared, particularly with Lewandowski. Whether with PSG it is a player to be feared. I would rather face the latter, all be with trepidation. Getting through this tough half of the draw to the champions league final would be a coming of age for Manchester City.

It’s game on. But that is the case most games we play and we win most of them.
No reason to fear any more f the clubs we may play in semifinals or final.

pep has to start to let the team believe in themselves. trust the system we are best at and forget changing up to stop the others. the false 9 for me is not city best setup. it lets the other team play out from the back and both of their wing backs have to much time

we need a forward up front to hit. also sterling pace scares teams in europe. we had a bench full of goals the other night and when jesus was sent on we looked better ? but pep knows best and we have to trust him in what he thinks or does ? but at 1.1 big questions was being asked again but foden goal was big for pep it sort got him out of jail

a good balance city team are the best in the world at what we do ? but the false 9 players are having to think what is my role in all of this ? is it my turn to slot into the hole or cover the the wing. rodri is the worst player in the false 9 system. he looks a millions miles off it. maybe its because somebody else is not doing their job or he forgets his own job

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.